Model Hogwarts

WOW! It looks so realistic. It honestly looks like pictures were taken from a helicopter!
I don't have any images but I know the carriages are in Order of the Phoenix where they first meet Luna. You can also see them briefly in Prisoner of Azkaban between the train scene and the choir singing in the Great Hall.

Here are a couple more of the Station with a temp backdrop:

1zg5nkl.jpg

118kuma.jpg

6is381.jpg

k1uquf.jpg

Last edited:
Hey MaXer,

It was my first post in this thread. I briefly mention how I used actual blue print of the castle supplied by WB, via the client.

Scott

Hey Griffindor,

I created the master sculpture for Noble. My father and I worked together on the project. It was an extremely challenging model, to say the least.

As far as getting any blue prints or architectural drawings, they will only come from the production company. We received exact drawings and blue prints and foot prints of all of the individual buildings and how the related to one another. It is the only way to ensure an accurate model.

That doesn't mean that info will not be available someday, we can only hope.:unsure

Looking forward to see your progress.

Scott

Ah, so the Noble is the BD/DVD sculpt? Didn't know that thanks.

It isn't much of a discussion, though. ;)

I can't really read from it whether you did it from blueprints or not. You say that you got blueprints from WB, but then that maybe some day they will be available, which I read as, you couldn't get them.

Anyway, so you say the model is actually pretty accurate?

I created the master sculpture for Noble. My father and I worked together on We received exact drawings and blue prints and foot prints of all of the individual buildings and how the related to one another. It is the only way to ensure an accurate model.

Fairly clear there.

That doesn't mean that info will not be available someday, we can only hope.:unsure

In response to the lamentation that there are no drawings or blueprints available

Hope that clears things up a little.

@Cruella, that drawing is fantastic! I made one before, but yours is wayyyyy better than mine! I love the colors and labeling. I label everything on mine too :)

@cgraham, those 3D images are amazing. they would definitely help!

The only thing I find irritating is that you either draw or make all of this amazing stuff and then when the next movie comes out, its different. :( At least you always have the basis of the castle. :)

I have been using the Liquitex gel method for water doing model ship bases for some time. I have not, however, tried using a sponge before.

It gives a much better "confused seas" sort of look than i have been able to achieve before.

Another tool in the kit i will have to try out on the next base.

Thanks, and your work is superb!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back