Metal gear model kits?

Looks good. Well the metal gears are all so complicated that you can't make them even as a 3d printed item without breaking it into parts.

The Metal Gear Rex model from 3A Toys finally has a release date- January 2012!
ThreeA Production Blog » MGS REX- The World's Coolest Toy Company

New pics too-
rex1.jpg

rex2.jpg

rex3.jpg

rex4.jpg

Nick

oh man that's beautiful. Always right when i'm starting xmas shopping too lol. I'm amazed nobody's made these in 3d and offered them on shapeways even as a smaller scale. Well i book marked it. I know november's out for buying it so hopefully i can squeeze the cash out in december.

It looks like it's just a model kit you have to put together, i can't see a finished piece so low in price. Anyone else hear Liquid's voice inside your head from the game when you look at the open cockpit pic where he's glaring down at Snake? lol.

Last edited:
yeah that's an airbrush only one there. Even finding the colors around here as the nearest hobby shop with testors spray military colors other than olive drab is a 2 hour round trip. I wish some american company would get the rights to the mecha figures and make them affordable. the Playarts kai stuff is so expensive even more than the cyborg ninja figure.

I'm seriously shocked nobody on here has done any of the metal gears as a run. Probably too pricey to offer. I want a Gekko from MGS 4.

Very cool. That one kit is of Rex is 600 pieces. I was going to get it but I have no space for something like that at the moment and it's way more fragile than a normal toy or resin kit.

Been a huge fan of Yoji Shinikawa's mecha designs ever since i first saw REX way back when, Would love to get the 1/48 REX but cant quite justify the £400, but i do have the Kotobukiya on order.

I also love his designs from ZOne of the Enders, I have Jehuty and Anubis on the shelf, looking forward to seeing whats coming in MGS V and ZOE 3

The price wasn't bad on the one i had preordered but i'm just terrified of a 600 piece model kit and it taking a dive off a shelf lol. At least if they'd made it a toy version it wouldnt explode into bits

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back