Jaws Models

DecMcC10

Hi this is my first post on rpf and I am new to model making. The two projects I am working on is to do with Jaws. The first is a model of Bruce made of clay. Its not finished as it needs the bottom teeth and more detailing. The other is the head of Bruce made out of sheets of foam glued together. Let me know what you think and if you have any advice. Thanks D.McCarthy

Attachments

• IMG_9779.JPG
    IMG_9779.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9799.JPG
    IMG_9799.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9800.JPG
    IMG_9800.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9801.JPG
    IMG_9801.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9802.JPG
    IMG_9802.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9803.JPG
    IMG_9803.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9804.JPG
    IMG_9804.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9805.JPG
    IMG_9805.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9806.JPG
    IMG_9806.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9790.JPG
    IMG_9790.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9789.JPG
    IMG_9789.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9788.JPG
    IMG_9788.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9780.JPG
    IMG_9780.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9781.JPG
    IMG_9781.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9782.JPG
    IMG_9782.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9783.JPG
    IMG_9783.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9784.JPG
    IMG_9784.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9785.JPG
    IMG_9785.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9786.JPG
    IMG_9786.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9787.JPG
    IMG_9787.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 88
Thanks everyone. Working on the bottom jaw then need to smooth it and paint. Jaws is the best film in motion picture history so I knew that my first post on the rpf would be a Jaws one.

Here is an update the shark is nearly done. I need to add a bit more detail and paint. But first I have to wait for the new tail, bottom jaw and new dorsal fin to dry.

IMG_2850.JPGIMG_2851.JPGIMG_2852.JPGIMG_2853.JPGIMG_2854.JPGIMG_2855.JPGIMG_2856.JPGIMG_2857.JPGIMG_2858.JPGIMG_2859.JPG

This is Excellent keep up the good work! Your first project has impressed me. Thanks for the detailed posts and pictures!

Okay do you want people to tell you it looks good to make you feel good or would you rather get advice to better reach your goal on making a better shark? Old Brucey is looking a little rough you need to start out with some good reference material get the book JAWS memories from Martha's Vineyard full of great pics, 2nd you need better materials or learn how to use different materials foam, epoxy sculpt, super sculpey clays that you can bake in your home oven and so forth. You have to start somewhere but it helps if someone can give you the right advice on how to reach your goals not to many people have done a Jaws shark on this board so I can at least tell you I'm talking from experience being that I have. Here is my thread on my Jaws bust you can see materials being used and get an idea of how to get started chalk the 1st one you did as a practice run, http://www.therpf.com/f62/jaws-bust-finished-base-stand-149560/ hit me up if you have any questions,
Ray

Hi Ray I saw your Bruce before I started, its awesome. This Bruce is a trail run, a prototype if you will. I was using clay as a practice because my local hobby shop had run out of foam and super sculpey clay which I saw that you used. I have many Jaws books (including memories from Martha's Vineyard)and I am a massive fan. As I said I still have to add more detail to add eg. making it better, smoothing it out, taking and adding parts. But my tools and material are limited as I am very new to this. Thanks for the good advice and I wasn't asking people to tell me it looks good to make me feel good. But compliments are always appreciated as well as advice. I am really enjoying modelling as I am going through a difficult time, as I have severe OCD and anxiety depression. Modelling is helping me get away from it all as well as watching movies which is what I love, so I thought why not combine the two. Thank you for the advice and I think you are brilliant at models.

Hey McCarthy sorry if I sounded like if I was saying if you wanted people to compliment your work which is nothing wrong with that. I meant it would also be nice if people would offer tips or advice which sometimes they'll give a quick that's great as to not offend. Everyone may not be on the same skill level but if I see someone who I can give advice from my experience on a certain project I'm more than glad to offer my knowledge. Yeah sometimes you don't have to invest in expensive materials pink insulation foam works well as a core or filler, you can cover it in bondo or epoxy sculpt and sand smooth. If you're working with clay a set of rakes will help smooth it out, I hear you when it comes to modeling it has helped me stay focused in difficult times like when I had cancer it's a hobby that can relax you and get your mind off things so stick with it and with each project you'll get better and better! And as Quint said I'm talking about Sharkin Mr. Hooper! Lol take care.

Done a new version of my Jaws model. Made it a bit bigger and smoothed out a lot of rough edges. I'm about half done. Will post pictures soon. Also does anyone know what classifies someone as a full member. I don't know what it means by 20 posts. Does that mean 20 posts like this or creating 20 forums. Also does that allow you to buy and sell on the rpf if you become a full member? Thanks guys.

...Also does anyone know what classifies someone as a full member. I don't know what it means by 20 posts. Does that mean 20 posts like this or creating 20 forums. Also does that allow you to buy and sell on the rpf if you become a full member? Thanks guys.
To become a full member you have to have been registered for more than 90 days and have at least 50 posts (just like this one). Preferably meaningful posts; posting "That's cool!" in a bunch of threads just to get your post count up won't make you any friends. Full members are allowed to post responses or questions in the Junkyard/Classifieds forums, but you have to be a Premium Member to create a sale thread.

To become a full member you have to have been registered for more than 90 days and have at least 50 posts (just like this one). Preferably meaningful posts; posting "That's cool!" in a bunch of threads just to get your post count up won't make you any friends. Full members are allowed to post responses or questions in the Junkyard/Classifieds forums, but you have to be a Premium Member to create a sale thread.

Thank you Zombie_61 I understand it now. How do you know what classes as posts or not and your post count.

...How do you know what classes as posts or not and your post count.
Except for posts made in The Junkyard or other Classifieds forums, every post you make is added to your post count. Your post count can be found below your avatar where it says "Messages".

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back