I finally had to make a Jupiter 2 to satisfy my inner 10 year old!

Oohh I love the interior detailing on this! Gotta really appreciate the simplicity and elegance of this design too. Great to see your enthusiasm for this build come through.

Did someone say 'shiny'? Thanks to Dr. Smith's polishing! Two coats!
B9robot027.jpg

More work, I'm in the zone while listening to the Iron Man 1 soundtrack:

PLJ2bild022.jpg

PLJ2bild021.jpg

I'm sizing the viewport down a bit. This is becoming a MUCH bigger project than I first imagined. I get that way.
With stuff I grew up with, anyway.:lol

Your making great progress Chris.
Thanks Jim!:cool
The hardest part will be in choosing the colours, as it's the first season J2. I'll have to guess at a large part that I might not be able to get in-colour pictures from. Lots of grays & silver, I'm conjurin'. :confused

There is a full color picture of the crew and the robot standing on the upper deck in front of the astrogator. It was the cover of the Viewmaster slides and I've seen it around as well.

Shows the first season upper deck in color.

There is a full color picture of the crew and the robot standing on the upper deck in front of the astrogator. It was the cover of the Viewmaster slides and I've seen it around as well.

Shows the first season upper deck in color.
I'll have to dig it out of my boxes... GRRR !:unsure
I used it to colour my Robot from season 1...

B9robot026.jpg

I like your astrogator control panel. Mine is too big. Also, the best thing about LIS is the colors changed all the time, even in the same season. You can select the colors "you" think look the best on your build up.

the best thing about LIS is the colors changed all the time, even in the same season. You can select the colors "you" think look the best on your build up.
LOL, yeah! The astrogator even disappeared once in a while!

Side note: did you ever stop to think that with the J2 on the ground, the entire Chariot had to be carried up through the elevator & out the hatch? It must be a snap-tight. With LOTS of pieces.:love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back