The HASBRO/STAR WARS Appreciation Thread

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
Hopefully, there are more than people than just me who like the new range of Hasbro/Star Wars vehicles that have been released lately. And since I have just bought my first Hasbro vehicle, a POTJ A-Wing, thought other like minded people might enjoy a thread where we can discuss these vehicles.

In the last week I have noticed that Hasbro have once again updated their Tie Fighter with a more accurate fuselage ball which I'm sure will also apply to their Tie Intercepter. I've just seen the Tie Fighter in the new vintage packaging and I am surprised they continue to release the short wings even though it now comes with the new updated "ball".

And I "blame" Keith for the most outstanding work on the Hasbro AT-ST for my new interest in these "toys".

Last edited:
Sorry lol

at-st033.jpg

Keith.

I have been a SW collector for a very long time. I got out of the "toy" thing due to there just being way to much and never seeing an end to it all.

Well....that ended with Hasbro's turn-around with all the nice new sculpts. The new figures are more than impressive. The movement and accuracy is amazing. I have always been one not to open figures or vehicles...but you only live once! They are TO nice NOT to open and display!

I purchased the new AT-AT (amazing) and had to crank it up a bit. Best toy line I have seen in a very long time! The vintage packaging did me over. Now I want all the new vintage packaged stuff. Just have to buy 2 of everything now dammit!

Here is my weather job that I have been working on the new AT-AT.

atat2.jpg

pic9-1.jpg

pic7.jpg

Still a work in progress.

I purchased the new AT-AT (amazing) and had to crank it up a bit. Best toy line I have seen in a very long time! The vintage packaging did me over. Now I want all the new vintage packaged stuff. Just have to buy 2 of everything now dammit!

Here is my weather job that I have been working on the new AT-AT.
Still a work in progress.

Great job!!

I too love the new line of stuff. It's nice that the sculpts have gotten really good with detail and articulation. I didn't think they could get any better, but they keep doing a great job. I love the new vehicles too. It's a shame their 12" line never had a good chance to do great, but they were really just toys. Sideshow's are good, but they could always be better. Bring on more vintage Star Wars!!!

Nice AT-AT, xxxcrimson.

I'm not going to be collecting everything. Just the new scult classic stuff. But honestly, I guess I am getting these because I could never afford any of the actual studio scale replicas. But these are the ones I will be getting:

A-Wing
X-Wing
Tie Fighter
Tie Bomber
Tie Intercepter
AT-ST

Still not sure about the B-Wing or Y-Wing at the moment though.

Last edited:
not much to appreciate with the figures but the ships are ok. they need either need art directors or sculptors at hasbro. Love the AT-At's , slave 1 etc. but like you did , weathering them is the best bet

I've been pretty pleased with what Hasbro has been doing lately, the sculpts are getting better, and the vintage packaging is great. I have to say though, my favorite thing they have put out this year is the new Wal-Mart exclusive Jabba the Hutt set. It's just awesome!

DSCF0852.jpg

Id say its pretty good. :thumbsup

Do a search for pharchivist's toymod thread of it, and youll find good info on it.

And thanks for the kind words of my TIE.

Thanks Nazgull.

Next question. Have there been any changes made to the Hasbro TIE Bomber like the changes that have been made over the years to their TIE Fighter/Interceptor?

Was also lucky enough to get a new tool, Target exclusive TIE Fighter for at least $20/$30 cheaper than what I could get it for here in Australia. Don't think my wife is too happy about it though. :lol

Can somebody point to what the "new corrected ball" TIE packaging looks like? I don't want to end up with the wrong version. :confused

Phase Pistol,
Eeven the new release "Vintage Collection" Tie Fighter has the new cockpit ball but it still comes with the short wings though.

At the moment Target (here in Australia) have 50% off their line of Star Wars vehicles. Their normal sale price is $79.99 but there is a toy sale on right now and they are reduced to $39.00 for the Vintage TIE and Snowspeeder. They also stock the TIE Bomber but this is not listed in the catalogue as being reduced (will have to check this one out).

Target also have the Attack on Hoth and Defence on Hoth playsets reduced as well.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back