I am going to upload all my progress photos over the course of a number of posts (I just completed this kit recently) and didn't want to overload one post with dozens of big photos.
Firstly, I would like to say this is my "first" official "figure" model kit.
While I had done some figure models rather poorly when I was a youngster in middle school over, now that I'm an adult with many more years of practice working in the prop and model hobby, I thought I'd give figure modeling another go.
I chose the Elvira kit because I LOVE the character and the design Moebius chose to represent her is just lovely. I love the couch and all the details and I was very excited to start working on this.
I'd like to get into expanding my commission work to include figure model kits, so this was a test to see if I were up to the challenge.
Here is the first wave of photos.
The kit right out of the box:
I started with the legs. I only use either super glue or plastic weld for styrene kits. The leg seams would need a little TLC to hide any trace of them being two parts. I use Bondo for most of my puttying of major gaps and Mr Surfacer for tiny gaps.
I was also working on assembling and cleaning up the torso, arms and head while the legs were in progress.
The only seams I chose not to fill on the arms were the shoulders since her dress would have sewing seams there anyway and it looked really good as-is.