DS 1:4 Indiana Jones figure complete rework

ob1al

Sr Member
I found one of these big 1:4 scale figures at a great low price in a local shop and decided to buy it and rework it.

Here's a stock photo of how they look out of the box:

Hmmm... a good head sculpt on a wierdly proportioned body...needs tweaking!

So, I added padding to the body and made it more proportional, but made sure it was still posable.

Next, I resculpted the entire neck area. The figure has a gap around the chin and hairline in order to pose it, so I filled this in.

Then I repainted the entire head and "reblocked" the hat using a heat gun.

Finally, I reworked the clothes and weathered them, repainted the gun and whip, made a mini gasmak bag, set of sankara stones and a little sandbag, and he was done:

Indy opens fire on the fearsome Giant Cat God of the Hovitos:

Thanks - for the £25 I paid (plus materials and time to mod it) it looks quite good in my TV room. I'd rather have the Sideshow premium Statue, but for the money this is an alright display piece. Besides, I can pose this and it talks too...;)

I also have the DS Han Hoth and Emperor figures, both of which I will be modding in due course.

Here's a couple of pic of my unmodified 18" Han out in tonights snow shower:

Nice mods. Looks great. I've wanted to get some of the figures as well, but can't see spending that much on them. Hopefully I'll find a deal as well. Great job again.

Mind sharing photos of your actual mods?

Last edited:
Thanks!

I've been modding the figure a bit more and made a custom base for Indy and my Idol, here's an updated pic (click the images twice for a big version):

Sorry the photos were taken with a flash, it tends to wash things out a bit, but in person I'm quite happy with how he's looking. Let me know what you think.

I keep tweaking this when I have a few spare minutes - here's the latest update with yet another touch up on the head paint:

For the bag I cheated and used a 1/6 MKVII gas mask bag meant for Dragon figures. I cut the strap off, made a new leather strap from thin leather hide I had lying around and fabricated a little buckle from plastic. I then attempted to stretch the heck out of the 1/6 bag to make it a little bigger, with moderate success. It could still do with being a tad bigger to match the 1:4 scale of the figure, but when everything is assembled it actually looks ok.

Al

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back