Deckard's Conapt

SteveStarkiller

Sr Member
Another day, another sucker getting lost in Scott's Maze (my new term for the Blade Runner Apartment -- in the same vein as the Falcon's "Ship of Riddles" title)

for now I'm just replicating the various set pieces as they appear from shot to shot. No real attempt to fit it all together.

so far, in just two or three days of serious study, this one has me beating my head against the wall, asking "why do I do this to myself? why!?"

deck conapt 001.JPG
deck conapt 002.JPG
deck conapt 003.JPG
deck conapt 004.JPG.jpg
deck conapt 005.JPG.jpg

as far as I know, they only used molds of the tiles from the Ennis house, but didn't film on location there. Some other films have, but not Blade Runner.

I wish they used the house. I could model that up a treat, if they'd just done some set dressing. But no, it looks like they made me a nightmare to figure out... beautiful, but terrible.

The elevator hall/lobby. Just noticed that there's a second apartment door in this area, visible in just one shot.

deck elevator.jpg

second apt.PNG

and also a bunch of turquoise Ennis tiles.

turquoise.PNG
deck elevator 2.jpg

Good luck with this one man! Very difficult to repro, specially when you know that they re-dressed that set again and again with the same props/objects/lamps/furniture because it "looked good";) So you'll see the same lamp over and over again for example (or the Vid-Phone) Buddha heads...the list is too big. Btw, in the Studio Scale of Propsummit, one of our member is very close to complete the apt. (under Deckard's apt).

Never noticed those turquoise tiles before.

yeah, those jumped out at me, as I was going through the screencaps. They might be semi transparent?

attachment.php

this space is right on the other side of the wall of turquoise tiles, and it kind of has a diffuse blue light. Thoughts?

Good luck with this one man! Very difficult to repro, specially when you know that they re-dressed that set again and again with the same props/objects/lamps/furniture because it "looked good";) So you'll see the same lamp over and over again for example (or the Vid-Phone) Buddha heads...the list is too big. Btw, in the Studio Scale of Propsummit, one of our member is very close to complete the apt. (under Deckard's apt).

I've seen that model, kind of got me motivated to give this a try (though this is one I've wanted to do for a while. I think I'll stick to reproducing the various incongruous set pieces for now, instead of one complete apartment the way he has. Actually the repeating furniture and lamps are a godsend, otherwise I'd have three or four times the objects to replicate.

here's his door, with a bonus prop. Almost done with the hall.

deck conapt 007.JPG.jpg

WOW!!! :eek Great job man! I love it!
As BeastMaster said- it would be great to walk around it! Will you at least do a 3d walkthrough?
Do you think you'll be able to figure the correct layout of the whole apartment by screenshots?

About the turquoise tiles, I don't think they really are turqouise. I'm sure they just lit them with turqouise gels.

Again, great job!!!!

Yep, the lighting in this apt. could kill the best of us;)...hence the "blue tiles". Looks good, but it seems to me that the door could be narrower in width.

About the turquoise tiles, I don't think they really are turqouise. I'm sure they just lit them with turqouise gels.

you mean like this?

turquoise.jpg

yeah, I think you're right. Thanks!

also looks like those tiles are a continuation of the wall with the door to the second apartment, and not paralell to wall just beyond the balustrade, as I had put it.

Yep, the lighting in this apt. could kill the best of us;)...hence the "blue tiles". Looks good, but it seems to me that the door could be narrower in width.

The door does seem wide. I know for sure that the soffit over the door has to be three tiles wide, so 48", and that the door jamb on the handle side has to be right against the edge of the nearest tiles. But the door could be narrower and hinge closer in from the other side. hmm, gotta think on it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back