It's been a while that I built the 1:49 Red 2 and Red 5 to match the filming miniatures with help of 3D-printed parts.
Now it is time to test our 3D-printed products in 1:72 (or better to say 1:74) scale.
This time I decided to go for Red 3 - an X-Wing I never built before.
So, here are some of the new parts that I'll use:
the new backplate next to the kit part. Keep in mind - this is still a prototype.
The Saturn-V-parts, the laser-cannon mount, the heatsink for the laser (in this picture you can also see some parts for the 1:48 X-Wing).
The new engine nozzles. If you take a close look at the kit's nozzles you take these any of the week...
3 long and 1 short for Red 3.
prepare and sand down the wing details:
and here is the new canopy-frame. Just glued, not finalized yet. For Red 3 there needed to be an inner and an outer frame. so both were drawn as vectors and then plotted into 3mm styrene sheet.
Although they may appear quite big... it is a tiny tiny thing...
Days later, the heavily modified fuselage. Test-fit with the new backplate, the canopy-frame and droidstrip.