Christine model kit - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Hello all

Time to start another kit - 1957 Plymouth Fury from John Carpenter's "Christine"

First pics:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Christine model kit - WIP

Mike J. - Yeah, they do. It's a recent release. I've seen it at Hobby Lobby (haven't bought one, been thinking about it though). The kit is molded in red from what it says on the box.

Honestly, I can't wait to check to see the end result of this kit. :)

Actually Christine was a 1958 Plymouth Fury. Also most of the cars used in the film were Belvederes. Sorry Car guy here :)

Actually Christine was a 1958 Plymouth Fury. Also most of the cars used in the film were Belvederes. Sorry Car guy here :)

Stephen King guy myself. In the novel, Christine is described as being a four-door 1958 Plymouth Fury, which never existed for the Fury line. However, there was a four door 1958 plymouth Belvedere and a four-door 1958 Plymouth Savoy that was released (the Belvedere looking more like a Plymouth Fury than the Savoy, which the front matches), which one of them is what I suspect may be the the vehicle that inspired King's four-door Fury.

Thank you madmikeee and CB2001 for the correction / information. Always good to know all the details

Started working on some interior parts:

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg

Nice subject! Me and a friend loved that design so much we modified a big kit of a Bel Air back in the eighties. A lot of fun and scratching.

/Matti

Stephen King guy myself. In the novel, Christine is described as being a four-door 1958 Plymouth Fury, which never existed for the Fury line. However, there was a four door 1958 plymouth Belvedere and a four-door 1958 Plymouth Savoy that was released (the Belvedere looking more like a Plymouth Fury than the Savoy, which the front matches), which one of them is what I suspect may be the the vehicle that inspired King's four-door Fury.

You can tell it has been a few decades since I have read the book, I completely forgot that Christine was described as a four door! That being said there are a couple of 2 door '58 belvederes for sale here locally....if I had the shop space there would be a life size christine clone in the works :D

You can tell it has been a few decades since I have read the book, I completely forgot that Christine was described as a four door! That being said there are a couple of 2 door '58 belvederes for sale here locally....if I had the shop space there would be a life size christine clone in the works :D

That would be a dream come true to lots of us!

Last edited:

Tweaked a a kit of the Christine dragster into the street / movie version years ago. Recently bought this kit. Forward to your build.

I've wanted the Christine kit for years. Now that it's out, I think I'd do it as a diorama -- the wrecked "as found" version, when Arnie first sees it for sale.

mov_christine1.jpg

Sorry can't find a better pic right now. Wonderful detailing/weathering opportunity.

A modeler did a diorama of this some years ago, I wish I could remember where I saw it.

I've wanted the Christine kit for years. Now that it's out, I think I'd do it as a diorama -- the wrecked "as found" version, when Arnie first sees it for sale.

View attachment 349854

Sorry can't find a better pic right now. Wonderful detailing/weathering opportunity.

A modeler did a diorama of this some years ago, I wish I could remember where I saw it.

Found these on line (don't know if they're the ones you had in mind)

kit4.jpg kit2.jpg kit3.jpg kit1.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back