C3po Paint !!! looks great to me !!

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here you have a few pics of my screamin 1/4 scale C3PO with this Gold Effect Paint... it could shine more because i did not prime it neither sanded it before painting !!!!!
cheering.gif
surprised.png
cheering.gif

I will use it soon in my lifesize one !!!

What do you think?
confused.png

The first picture looks nice, but the next two look a little brown. Is that just the lighting? Also, how is it with handling it afterwards? Does it leave prints and dull the finish?

It takes a long time for some places to dry, and i guess that it is not a paint to be touched..... I will try also to see how it behaves with a clear coat of glossy varnish....

About the color, it is perfect gold...... nothing to do with brown.... maybe is the light .... you have to think that this paint reflects a lot what is around.

I think that is perfect for an static model, but maybe not so great for a weareble cotume (unless the varnish works)

Hope this helps....

Alfredo

I've been suggested Future Floor Wax as a sealer for metallic paints. From what I've seen it looks good.

Anything else will likely dull the metallic effect.

so... how do you use the Future Floor Wax? Where do you buy it? could you please explain us more about it?

Thanks

Alfredo

Something I heard on http://theclubhouse1.net/ & http://www.endobuildersclub.com/

I think its a common hardware store product. Really don't know much about it as I haven't been able to find it in Denmark.

The way I had it explained you first have to mist a layer to seal the metal finish, as sealer tends to un-cure the paint beneath, which upsets the metal flakes and causes it to go dull. Then when that has dried you can either try another misting and have that dry or try a normal coat.

Again... I haven't tested this myself - I want to, but have to order from the big international and money is tight - but always test it out on something prior to trying this on a figure or prop. No reason to do like me and **** things up by not doing the ground work first.

As mentioned, most clear coats will dull the metallic paint, but unless you've tried the future floor wax or seen results from someone using it, it really isn't prudent to comment so definitively, imo.

The results I've seen was on chrome painted pieces and it retained that metallic shine. I can look around and see if it was only successful on only one chrome paint product or others as well.

It all came down to how you applied it.

Without the proper primer on vinyl some paints,primarily metallic s will NEVER dry. I have an ED-209 that I painted......lets leave it at many, yes many years ago and the parts I painted silver are still tacky. I only throw it out there as you may not have the same issue on your life size 3P0 if he is nor vinyl.

Duplicolor on vinyl? Probably not a good idea. Solvent based paints on vinyl will 'never' cure. It will eat the vinyl.

I believe the test was on something called spaz-stix chrome!? Not sure of the spelling. Is there a brand of chrome paint called that? Man... I really need to look up that thread where I saw it. Sorry if this is all far out left field.

99% of the model is dry... :) but i will do a proof on fiberglass with primer before i paint the 1:1 scale C3PO. :confused

Thanks all for your help. :thumbsup

For the model, i think that is a perfect and shiny paint..... :love

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back