BSG Agro Ship / Botanical Cruiser - Finished!

Re: BSG Agro Ship / Botanical Cruiser

The bulk of the ship is now done. It appears in the show like this (sans domes) as a background "filler" ship.
O2100315copy.jpg
O2100354copy.jpg

Plug for the side armature mount
O2100340copy.jpg

Some detail deep inside the side trench
O2100346copy.jpg

James Creveling

Last edited:

This model is looking amazing! I only just saw the thread for the first time and had to go back through and look at it from the start.

Keep up the great work, I never thought I would see a member of the new rag-tag CG fleet done up like a proper old filming model and I'm totally loving it!

This model is looking amazing! I only just saw the thread for the first time and had to go back through and look at it from the start.

Keep up the great work, I never thought I would see a member of the new rag-tag CG fleet done up like a proper old filming model and I'm totally loving it!
I'm loving it too!
Im finding it to be quite an enjoyable challenge.

Truly a work of art! Can't wait to see the completion!
Should be done real soon.

These are the things i realy like to follow, such a craftmanship ,such great details. Awesome job i deeply respect this. Can''t wait to see it finished.

The thing about this build that I'm most excited for is seeing the beautiful miniature biomes that you build under each dome. The landing bay miniature on your Battlestar was mesmerizing to watch, I imagine similar details!

Painted and installed the 135 vessels on the underside of the dome pedestals. Getting the color of these things to match the CG model was a challenge.
O2100423copy.jpg

Its too bad much of the detail under the domes is hidden away when all is assembled.
O2100374copy.jpg

O2100370copy.jpg
O2100378copy.jpg

O2100369copy.jpg

Last edited:

Now on to making the clear domes. I was hoping to use one of the vac-forming boxes I already had but ended up making another one to better fit the dome size.
O2100432copy.jpg

Last edited:

On top of the Galactica, this has to be one of the most awesome builds on this site.

Covered up detail or not, you know it's there! Can't wait to see how you
do the domes.

This build is the most astounding creation I've seen to date!
It would blow away any CGI version!
Tommie

Thanks again guys.

The first plug I made for the domes was formed in medium density foam with the profile checked with a wood template traced from the studio plans.
This foam turned out to be too weak to stand up to my new vac pump and it compressed a bit.
Agro_Ship_Dome_005copy.jpg
O2100030copy.jpg

The new, and much stronger plug, redone in high density foam and sealed in polyester resin and sanded smooth - then polished with car wax.
O21000021copy.jpg

James Creveling

Last edited:

Awesome. I'm looking forward to see how you handle the tesselated grid structure on the domes.

I like that word "tessellated", thanks dbhs, and thanks to all you guys following this build.

First batch of domes are formed without any problems.
O2100436copy.jpg
O2100454copy.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back