Another MPC Millennium Falcon Modification

Some updates of the new walkway:

newtube1.jpg

newtube3.jpg

J

After discovering the cockpit scale was way off, I noticed the jaw slope was too steep and too thick, so I had to start modifying again

walkwaywork.jpg

strippedjaw.jpg

Here's a video of the Falcon as it is:
Falcon 2 - YouTube

This is the jaw tidied up

p1030839b.jpg

p1030838x.jpg

Thanks for looking

J

amazing. how are you planning on painting it? Are you going for studio scale? Or will you be leaning toward the ESB 32" for inspiration?

Thank you very much guys,

astroboy, yes I'm a bit anxious about the painting, but my plan is to paint her with the 5ft model in mind

I'm nearly finished the scaled down cockpit, this is it tacked together for the photo

newcockpit1.jpg

newcockpit2.jpg

Going to have to build some sort if frame inside the ship to keep it more stable & to untwist the portside mandible:

twistednose.jpg

Thanks for looking

J

Sorry guys, I'm still working on it....the thing is, at this stage I have tried to fix symmetrical problems, I had a chain reaction of errors, I fixed the twist of the port side mandible, which through out the dimensions of the bottom jaw,...it ended up being twisted, so I had to remove it again.....it's still needs to be re-attached

The inner strengthening structure:
reinforcementsl.jpg

I found other errors, like the short piece of sidewall behind the cockpit & before the docking ring which was also twisted....to fix this I had to apply heat to the top hull with a gas soldering iron.

I reduced the radar dish again to match the diameter of the cockpit
newdish.jpg

newdishcockpit2.jpg

Thanks for looking

J

Yep heat gun can come in handy, I used one last time to curve the hull. I feel your pain, experienced the same problems with twisting.

Although I thought the original was great, the new cockpit is excellent, as is the resized radar dish.

Keep up the good work.

Ozzy

Thanks Ozzy, gonna use your graphics for the cockpit interiors, they look amazing

Been busy at work for a while, but heres some updates on the Falcon

I added some details to the inside of the jaw:
inneri.jpg

Front shot with new radar base:
testnxg.jpg

Overall shot:
shotv.jpg

Thanks for looking

J

Thanks very much vixr & KNIGHT, I can't wait till it's completed also!

Just a quick update of the interior of the jaws:
frontdwj.jpg

The main central detail on top & bottom are the subframes of 1/144 HUMMWV (Dragon twin pack)
insideho.jpg

So hopefully I can move on to the underside, & add details

J

Jaitia,
you are doing a bloody good job on this. You're attention to detail and effort are really paying off. Thanks for such thorough and carefully explained documentation of the process! This will be invaluable to anyone undertaking the MPC Falcon.

Thanks Sofaking01, I seem to be moving forward again....ha!...the past while its been 4 steps forward and 3 back! My OCD to detail...can't go on until I'm happy

Thanks clactonite, I'm trying to document everything,... don't follow to close though, I tend to go back and redo.

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back