AMT Slave One WIP

Your weathering job is incredible!
I had this kit and finished it in around 1995. I should post pics of it just so you could get a good laugh. Seriously great work. Good luck with the rest of it!

I am amazed at how awesome this is! I can't wait to see the final!

Thanks zsherman! I can't wait to see it finished either. :lol

I've been following thi for a while. Top notch job on the paint work!

Thanks blakeh1! This is the first time I've tried to replicate a paint job with this much detail in it. It's hard to be precise and have that random look at the same time. I'm in awe of the guys here that can achive that and make it look so natural.

Thank you Rich and Katsu-san!

Not much to show here. I rebuilt the light box above the ceiling of the cargo area so it would fit properly into the hull. I've got the lights and FO attached. Next is painting/weathering the other part of the hull.

100_5190.jpg

100_5192.jpg

100_5212.jpg

100_5214.jpg

100_5215.jpg

100_5216.jpg

Thank you Katsu-san! Installing the LEDs and FO were a bigger challenge than I thought. I didn’t realize how fast I would run out of room in that hull.

Amazing detailing. The additional interior work really does look great, along with the paint and all the rest of the work that you've applied to the build. Nice work Randy13.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thank you vdubdan and Scratchy! This build has been quite an educational experience for me. At times it felt like I was using parts of my brain that hasn’t been used in years. I love the challenge but after this I feel like doing a complete scratch build where I don’t have any restrictions as to how something “should” look like and at the same time I want to build something simple and easy OTB and not have to worry about fine accurate details.

I’m sorry there haven’t been any updates lately. The model is ready for more airbrushing but the space I need in the garage for that is taken up with music equipment right now. I’m currently under a contractual obligation so all my free time is dedicating to recording/mixing. Just want to let you know that I haven’t given up on this.

got my airbrush station back up and with a nice warm weekend here, I finally got some work done on this.

100_5246_zpsbdafad83.jpg

100_5248_zpsea34464e.jpg

100_5247_zpsecb18067.jpg

100_5249_zps827b6506.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thank you sir. I've done a little more painting and weathering last night. I'll have to take pictures as soon as I get home today and post those. Getting close to finishing this finally.

I have been waiting for this to come back on!
Great paint job and tipping work!!

got my airbrush station back up and with a nice warm weekend here, I finally got some work done on this.

Nice warm weekend ?
We have nice chilly winter frozen rain here:sick

[SIZE=-1]All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I've been for a walk on a winter's day[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]California dreamin' on such a winter's day[/SIZE]

" California dreamin' "
By Mamas and the Papas

:confused:confused:confused

Looking forward to see next post!:lol

katsu

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back