I've been away from the modeling hobby for some time. I recently found a couple AMT 18 inch kits on sale and couldn't pass them up. I've decided this is going to be my first project in ages. I've done a lot of reading about current techniques and just want some general guidance in the model building process.
Here's what I understand to be the best way to tackle these. I'd love to know if any of this sounds out of place or there's a better way approach.
1. Build sub-assemblies (primary hull, secondary hull, nacelles)
2. Sand / fill any seams
3. Prime the sub assemblies and additional small parts (deflector, shuttle bay)
4. Sand / fill any blemishes revealed by the primer
5. Assemble sub assemblies to complete ship
6. Spray with primary color
7. Paint with detail colors
8. Apply Decals / Decal set
9. Spray with clear coat (flat?) to complete
Does this sound about right?
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I'm hoping to build a couple of these this year as time permits