37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

There should have been some in your kit. If not, it's just regular Plastruct T-Strip available at your hobby shop. Mike mentions elsewhere in this thread the actual size. If not, I can let you know when I get home from work today.

Thanks Robiwon. There was none in my kit (I'm sure just an innocent oversight by Mike) and I have no idea where in Toronto to find any. If anyone has a place where they order on-line, that would be great.

Ken

Thanks Robiwon. There was none in my kit (I'm sure just an innocent oversight by Mike) and I have no idea where in Toronto to find any. If anyone has a place where they order on-line, that would be great.

Ken

I have plenty on hand, PM me your address and I will drop some in the mail to you tomorrow.

You will need to add 16 strips. Cut each piece a little longer than needed and then sand each end down after you glue them in place. Easier than trying to cut 16 equal length strips! I'll send you enough to get the job done.

In case anyone was still wondering, it is 1.2mm styrene "T", item number 90561. Mike included ABS "T" in my kit which is why some of the strips are grey. I didn't have enough and used the styrene, which was the same size.

Hey Guys, just got back from Jerseyfest, was not able to access RPF for some reason since i got there on Thursday. The last couple of weeks was spent really prepping for that, will get back to some PM's and back to casing in the next couple of days..
thanks
mike

Hello Mike,can you please check your PM please it is pretty important I trying to help a friend get one of your BSG kits..

Thanks
Clarence

Hello Mike is there anything other then a 1/4-20 3 1/2 bolt I could use because I check all the hardware stores around me and I could find any all I could find where 3 inch?

Clarence

Hello Mike,

I did manage to find some bolts I be using on my BSG I got from you,I do however wanted to find out have you gotten around to making some directions for putting your BSG together?

Hello Mike, Thanks for your reply, this is going to be great. You know just reading about your build Vador impress me very much love all you guys pics. Ill follow along with you guys as I build mine its great info and will help alot, mostly the lighting part, from what I see I will be following some great modelers Mike your build is something to behold Thanks Guys

Hey all, while I haven't actually done any building in a while (sadly), I did get a request from a member to detail how I built the base and stand for this model. I put together an exploded view and cross-section illustrations to hopefully clarify how it all went together. You can find them at the bottom of my build page.

Hey all, while I haven't actually done any building in a while (sadly), I did get a request from a member to detail how I built the base and stand for this model. I put together an exploded view and cross-section illustrations to hopefully clarify how it all went together. You can find them at the bottom of my build page.

Thanks.looking forward to more of your build...

Cool Video, for sure some battle started watching that series but some time into it was getting difficult and quite deep so I stop watching. Nothing can replace the old tv series, only thing is when they started chasing what ever his name was through time on galactica 1980 but it was still my tv show. I wish they would make a full length movie using the older models.

New printer, new test parts, I'm happy with these test shots. I signed off on them and will now have my printer print these in black. Much thinner walls than before, practically no artifacts to clean up, should be install ready in just a few minutes of clean up. Final production parts will be printed in black.

x5xfe9.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back