Thanks Rick that looks awsome! Im gonna bust my butt to finish before then. Providing funds are good, I'm definitely in!!
Progress is going slow because I have been working a lot of hours, but I have had a chance to continue working on the detail on the rear of the superstructure.
That's more like it! I thought we were gonna have to hunt you down
Stunning work, as usual!
Thank you Robert! Yea I was going through BAD withdraw! Getting promoted at work is cool, but it took away from my model time!
I had some time today after work, so I was able to fill in more of the detailing on the starboard side of the superstructure.
Looking really good!
The coolest thing about these SD builds is spotting all the kit parts. I can gaze at them for hours!
Keep up the good work!
Yea, i love searchin for pieces to use. Rick and me talked about how fun it is using "found objects." I drive my wife crazy cuz i keep a bunch a knick knacks and junk and turn them into detailing. You can see in these recent pics I used pieces of a couple disposable shaving razor heads!
I had some time today to finish the rear corner of the superstructure.
this has to be the most bada$$ thing I have seen ever!!!! Excuse my language but WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Loruhcee! I appreciate your comment, and your enthusiasm!!
Every time I find an excuse to not build one of these
damn things a thread like this pops up!
Thats a great job excellent!
Thanks for the comment 3d-builder! Yea I got sucked into building mine from checking out other builds. Its addictive!
Nice detailing on the superstructure!
Thanks a lot for the comment scratchy!
Just did a little detail on the bridge neck today using kitbashed pieces.
I also did a little more detail on the side of the bridge neck. Sorry the pics aren't very good.
As usual you are blowing our minds! Awesome!
Thank you for the comments guys. I very much appreciate it!!
Beginning to work on the rear of the bridge neck. I don't have any of the kitbashed pieces for this section so I am scribing the ribs on the base of this section on a piece of styrene, and I will use my own kitbashed detailing.
Did some work on the garbage shoot. Still want to add a little more detail, but for the life of me could not get a good pic with my crappy camera!
There are lights in there but, they are hard to see. I will try and get a better pic.
While working on the rear of the bridge neck, I noticed I had a bit of a problem. As i stated earlier, I went off of the ertl SD for my blueprints and just scaled up. However I have been noticing and correcting certain errors with these specs as I go. Today I fixed one of those problems. The base of the neck on the ertl model ends at the very end of the top hull. That is where my bridge neck ends as well. But after studying some reference pics I noticed that there is some space between the base of the neck and the end point of the top hull. So I penciled in where the base was supposed to end and cut it off. This came out very well and I now have room to put the upper flaps at the peak of the rear point.