The paint work is mostly finished, being a combination of tints and washes over the silver base. Here's a shot of the cowl. I'll finish any minor paint touches later.
Here's the lighting setup inside - pretty simple as it's just the three lights.
I decided on a reed switch located near above where the capture baskets would hang (not that I plan on using the baskets).
I thought I would use a small magnet that when painted and in place would activate the lights and also serve to look like the reddish sphincta that pulls humans inside for a stern word or two. I'm not sure if that organic opening is covered by a hatch when in non-harvesting mode or not, it probably is, but I thought it might be interesting anyway even if it's not easily seen and can always be painted silver later on if I change my mind.
It was only as I was testing the reed switch's location that I realised if it was placed directly over where the 'sphincta' is then it would be inadvertently activated by one of the magnets that secures the cowl to the head, so I shifted it slightly to one side where it was free from any interference.
So still not fully assembled and the paint work not quite finalised, but here's a day shot and a size comparison next to my eh... husky
And a shot to show the lighting in low light levels.
Next will be a base to secure the model, attaching the mandibles, tentacles, head spines and minor paint touches.