Hey everyone, Thought I would post My falcon rebuild. I bought the 95 Kenner Faclcon off of ebay for a fair price, and thought it needed a makeover. Since this project was for my son, I decided to make it more fun than accurate. It would take some major time to get this hunk of plastic to be movie accurate.
Anyways, I started by modifying the rear bottom as it comes down way too far and looks ugly in my opinion. I cut the entire thing out and lowered it into the interior. (as I wasnt going to use the interior anyway) I built up the missing areas with Milliput and sanded the hell out of it. Next I cut the engine out and replaced it with a clear strip of plastic backed with a strip of white styrene to give it the right glow effect with the LEDs I was using. Next came the ehaust ports and filled the holes with wire mesh. Drilled holes for landing lights and installed all the electrical. I'm sure I'm missing steps here and there. I painted and weathered it and called it a week.
This was nothing close to being accurate, but I wanted to make it fun and get my creative juices flowing for my scale model Falcon build. None-the-less my son will enjoy this one sitting on his shelf.