1/6 Kaiyodo/Screamin' Boba Fett

I may look into that.

Not done any sealing yet.

Btw anyone painted this model or a Boba Fett model period?

I am stuck on trying to decide what colors I want because I want them to be as actuate as possible.

I have been looking at Tamiya's color guide (http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/72/XF-chart-10ml.pdf) and I am leaning towards getting XF18 med. blue and XF71 cockpit green, but I am not sure if those would be good choices plus what other colors to get as well.

Maybe I am over thinking this.

Anyways any advice would be appreciated :D

I don't know if you can see this, but I am a member of the Bounty Hunter's Guild... This page gives you the guidelines for a screen-accurate costume, including colors for both ESB and RTJ. If you can't see the link, sign up... it's free. Then, hit the link, again. Log In It is the best, most accurate guide you could go by for colors and appearance. Good luck, burc'ya! :)

Thanks 2tall for the guide!

I got more of him primered :D (Pics soon)

Working on positioning his arms the way I like them its gluing and putty time!

Update time :D

Got all of the lower half (pants and feet) primered up and ready for painting.

Next I will be working on positioning his arms and glueing them. Just not been too happy with the fit atm.

21124-before-primer.jpg

21125-primered-bottom-half.jpg

21126-primered-foot.jpg

And...............

I got an early bday present sent to me from an SUPER awesome person!:thumbsup

So all I can say now is.............I GOT IT!!! I GOT THE 18" SCREAMIN BOBA FETT MODEL!!!!!!!!

21127-i-got-i-got.jpg

Yeah, Callista!!! :) I am happy for you! And I am happy to see you made some progress on your figure... If that sprue at the end of his leg is too long, I am sure you could trim it a little? I will let the experts guide you. I have never done a resin model, before, though it is on my bucket list. :) K'oyacyi!

Update:

Sorry for not making an update sooner, been very busy with work.

I am getting ready to make a run up to HobbyTown USA this week to finally get some paint!!!!!!!!

Will have pics soon :D

Calli

UPDATE TIME! :D

Ok I went to Springfield yesterday and pretty much took every color of Tamiya Paints I could think of plus I got a kewl new model to work on someday soon :D

BF22_zps1b25fa8c.jpg

So u could say I was on cloud nine yesterday till I started painting Boba's lower half and I have NEVER in my life had this problem but the paint was actually taking parts of the primer up with it!!!! So long story short he's been in simple green since last night waiting to be redone again.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this model as I have never had these types of problems with a vinyl model before. I know there's a first time for everything but seriously :(

Anyways I will mess with him again today after work and see if I can finally get somewhere.

Anyone else ever run into this type of problem with a vinyl model?

BF24_zpsd7ba6a05.jpg

BF23_zps94d23253.jpg

Calli

That sounds like a reaction to paint that hasn't been mixed properly prior to painting. Don't know those Tamiya colors... are they oil based or water based?

Really weird that you are suffering so many problems with this kit. Vinyl kits are usually pretty easy, when painting with acrylic paints.

Don't even think you need to strip it... just paint the color on and call all that gonk for weathering... as he's probably too busy hunting bounties to wanna wash his pants properly. Maybe drybrush on the first layer?

So jealous that your Hobbytown carries Tamiya paints. They are one of my favorites for brushing, but I prefer Vallejo and Model Master acrylics for spraying. I think Too Much Garlic might be right about the mixing. The first time I used Tamiya I got some strange reactions. The second time I mixed them with my homemade dremel paint stirring attachment- 1/16 metal rod with a small bend in one end- and got much better results. What I took away from it is that once you think you have it well mixed, mix some more. Lots more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back