1/35 RC UH 1C Huey (indoor)

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hello guys :)
I put the body shell of the Academy kit of the Huey on my indoor RC heli ;)
I have some more markings to add and to put a dullcoat. I didnt use primer due to the weight of it :D My first thought was to vacform the kit to get a light body shell (that's why I glued quickly the clear parts and you can see glue marks).
Here the pics :
huey1.jpg

huey2.jpg

huey3.jpg

huey4.jpg

huey5.jpg

huey6.jpg

huey7.jpg

huey8.jpg

huey9.jpg

huey10.jpg

It should be more olive drab, but I did with the paints I had ;)
I did mask for the shark mouth and the "united states army" marks. Only the 'surfer girl' is a decal :)

kewl idea - and great execution!

does is still fly? These things tend to be very sensitive to weight change. But very resistent to crashes :) - well, not anymore now, I guess :lol

Tobias

It sez in the title 1/35 scale.

I always liked the big Huey, nice work making a flying model of it!
The tail might be heavy flying it? A touch of weight in the nose would balance it.

"Runnnn fur ta choppar....if you want to liv...."

Did anyone else suddenly hear ride of the valkyries in their head when looking at this? :lol
Awesome job though. The paint on that is superb. You're going to fly it right? Arent you worried that you might scratch up the paint? Though I suppose it might add some nice "battle damage"...

Thanks guys ! :)

The base is an Esky V3 Lama.

Rshanko, yeah the tail is a bit heavy, I cant add more weight in the nose to balance it so I just change the settings of the main rotor and it's just fine ;)

Im not so worried about flying it, it's just plastic and paint, it took me 3 hours to do it so it's not very important... I will just add dullcoat to protect a bit more the paint, but I guess it will not be enough :D

:thumbsup Very very cool. Even cooler would be a vid of it in flight. And even cooler than that would be a vid of it in flight chasing the family pet around the house. :D

Thanks guys :)

I dont know, Ill take an eye on the balance ;) I did it 4 months ago when I had the idea. If Im correct the original shell with tail etc wieghts something like 30 gr and the 2 halves of the kit is something like 100 gr (so 70 gr more) but I had some details on the shell and I painted it so... maybe something like 110 or 120 gr...

Unfortunatly I still dont have any charger for my li-pos :( I cant fly it :(

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back