Hello Movie Freaks
I have just registered here, nice forum and very interesting stuff.
My name is Kevin, I“m a scale modeler from Germany and I have soft spot for all car-related movies. My focus in scale modeling is to build movie cars and now I“d like to show you a little progress on one of my most complex builds.
When I saw Death Proof in the cinema, I was hooked and wanted to build the Chevy Nova. A year after the movie came out Revell released a newly tooled model of the Chevy Nova and I immediately bought one. There was a load of things to modify to make a correct replica of the car. The whole interior needed to be rebuilt and there were a lot of other parts that had to be "stolen" from other kits.
Let“s start with a cool poster of the movie
I began with building the roll cage for the interior.
The cage fits very tight into the body of the car.
Some more views of the cage.
I did some scratchbuilding to make the wheels steerable.
I built some raisers for the leaf springs to make it look a bit more detailed.
New mufflers were built as seen in the movie after the car crashed.
The inner fenders were cut down or removed to match the prop car.
Interior ready for action.
Engine bay ready for action, too.
Modified rear panel, hard to see. I replaced the SS-trim with a plain sheet.
I bought an etched detail set for an AMT kit because of the grille.
I was very lucky as the grille fits perfect to the Revell kit. Didn“t expected that.
The rear lights were removed as they needed to be modified from 69 to 71.
The modified grille insert and bumper were painted with ALCLAD after removing the mold lines.
Naked door panels were built and installed.
The traction bars were upgraded by opening the ends.
The exhaust was updated with scratchbuilt clamps.
After all that scratchbuilding and stuff, it was time for some paint. I started with the chassis and engine. Everything was painted with a brush and email-paint.
I built exhaust hinges from thin aluminium and bolted it to the car.
The engine has now accurate Moroso valve covers and a new air filter.
Spark plug wires were also added.
A very comfortable passenger seat was scratchbuilt and installed...
A plexiglass divider was installed. It was a pain to drill the holes by hand.
The steering wheel was made by a friend. Center is photo etched, the ring is molded in resin.
Scratchbuilt shifter and hand brake. The Beard racing seat was done by a friend in resin. The guy who also did the steering wheel...
The interior is finished and ready to be installed into the body.
The rear bumper was painted with ALCLAD, new lights were scratchbuilt and a correct license plate was installed.
The bosy was painted in a dark grey and the chrome trim was done with Bare Metal Foil. Finally a flat clear coat was applied to seal everything.
Well, that“s what I“ve got done so far. I only need to paint the hood with the skull and install the little Rubber Duck hood ornament.
Thanks for looking.