X-Wing Red-2 Commission

Rodmart85

Hi guys,

We have just finished painting a Red-2 X-Wing commission kit for Stefan Haker of MODEL FORCES. - Check out his web site they are doing amazing stuff: -http://www.model-forces.com
We both think it is our best paint job so far and we wanted to keep it for ourselves jajajajaja.
So we took some pics of it before sending it away:cry.

Here are the pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bests:
Rod & Rod

Wow Stefan will love this!

Though I´m really surprised he didn´t build and paint it himself, he certainly has the skills to do so.

Anyway great work, I can imagine how hard it must be to give it away, but you can really be proud of it and know that it will go to someone who really appreciates your efforts. :thumbsup

Hi guys, thanks.

JMChladek said:
Was the tan shade really that yellow on Red 2 (like the Red 4 coloring)? If it is, I LIKE it!

You are right JMChaldek. After a lot of thinking and looking at pics we decided to paint the Red 2 commission as seen on the Ken Rice set of pics.

We realized the Ken Rice pics showed a more yellow color than the Blue 1 pics but then again the blue one pics show the bird before the final coats of weathering were applied.
As we started painting the bird we saw that the panels seen very yellow in some of the Ken Rice pics made the X-Wing look so cool that we decided to give the commission that tone of weathering, a tendency to yellow just as Red 6 has that tendency to Red Brick marks and panels.
And as always happens with pics of the ILM X-Wing's the strength and color of the weathering and panels varies a lot from pic to pic depending on the lightning of the shot, so we decided to try to paint our version in way it had it's own identity and that it looked as cool as we could.

What do you guys think?
Bests:
Rod

More pics here: :lol

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Absolutely stunning guys!. As if the base kit isn't fantastic enough, your build-up & paint is to die for. Well done chaps!.:love
Stu

that is fantastic.can't make up my mind which s/s x-wing i want to paint mine but after seeing this paint scheme my mind is made up red 2 is the go.

Wow what a nice Viper!:thumbsup LOL :lol

No seriously your work is amazing the kit quality, the build and the paintjob. Makes me very proud to get such a beauty painted by you guys. Can´t wait to place it next to my REL´s Concept X-Wing. I always loved RED 2 on the old AMT Kitboxes.

A big THANKS!! from me again

-Stefan

PS. Model-Forces isn´t actually my site. It´s a team of four modelers Marko, Chris, Daniel and me.

Woohoo! What a nice day! A nice looking UPS girl showed up this morning in our company and gave me this package. It was like xmas and b-day together. Some of you guys may think poor little noob cause i´m very excited about a studio scale model but this is very special for me.

From the bottom of my heart many thanks to Rod & Rod from Art2models.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back