Studio Scale A wing, finished at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ID help Studio Scale Probe Droid / A wing

The 3x2 vents/louvres just under the drinking straw match the Airfix Meat Wagon vents Martin Bower cited as used on the 2001 Moonbus!

They come in single rows of four in the kit.

Nice thanks!:thumbsup

Hey guys what about this on top of the canopy bulkhead?
Looks like some sort of airplane ..........antenna?
3473904278_19c76f32a9.jpg

Last edited:

Something similar but not on an airplane here, but it is a antenna.
images.jpg

OK, bit of an odd one, cant seem to find a hinge detail as a standalone part, but, the rear fin hinges, look spot on to what are used on the 8rad flaps......is it possible ILM actually went to the trouble of trimming these from the flaps :lol Maybe im not looking hard enough :lol

Oh and vectral mounts, these are Gepard buddy, same part used on the rear upper hull, so youll need multiples of this kit if your not casting!

lee
KG_TOROMODELS_A-WING_STUDIO_MODE-2.jpg

Nice find on the gepard parts ! Wooo at least 6 Gepard kits only for that ? :lol

Yeah I reckon that's odd for the hinges bro, but they still can be cut easily with a thin saw, took 5 secondes per hinges ! I will check my other kits and try to find separate hinges, but the ones on the 232 kit are perfect in size and details, and if you look carefully at them on each hinge, one half of the hinge is roughly shaped, could be the half which is part of the hatch ?

Bro ive been looking, nothing so far, seems to me they are cut from the 232, weird, but very ILM :lol
Yeah looks to be around 6 Gepards for sure, man, so much has been found now, i wanna build one :lol
As for that top antennae Michael, still no clue, but why do i get some form of droptank thingy in mind?

lee

Any help would be Ace Julien, it cant be bad having all you ID dudes helping out? I noticed there was a distinct lack of symmetry to the hinges.

Bro ive been looking, nothing so far, seems to me they are cut from the 232, weird, but very ILM :lol
Yeah looks to be around 6 Gepards for sure, man, so much has been found now, i wanna build one :lol
As for that top antennae Michael, still no clue, but why do i get some form of droptank thingy in mind?

lee

Ya but would a drop tank have that extra flash around the outside parameter?
That part doesn't look like it would have another half to it.

Hey Guy, here's what Ive got so far (Cesar's pics) :

awing1.jpg

awing2.jpg

awing3.jpg

awing4.jpg

awing5.jpg

awing6.jpg

awing7.jpg

Wow Julien, I only just seen this post, you & Lee are my hero's. The best bit was I just found Some of em before I saw your post. I'm getting better but still crap :lol

lee

I would like to build one for a long time too, but my vaforming tool and my oven are too small !

Glad to help Guy, be careful, once you have found your first part, you cant stop !

Ya but would a drop tank have that extra flash around the outside parameter?
That part doesn't look like it would have another half to it.

True Michael, it is an odd shape, but, to be an actual antennae from a kit, hmm thats one BIG kit lol.
Maybe its not a kit part at all, could be scratchbuilt for the hell of it, looks to be white in media going by the scuff on the front, possibly just vac formed styrene....tricky!

lee

Right on bro, good thing were here giving this kind of info to the masses, and the Japanese boards too :lol

lee

I'm interested in the boards.:love

This is a awesome thread.Thank you for sharing.

Hmm anyone got any more pics of the back of this one? Looks like there are some nice finds to be had in the rear of the cockpit bulkhead too.

lee

The 3x2 vents/louvres just under the drinking straw match the Airfix Meat Wagon vents Martin Bower cited as used on the 2001 Moonbus!

They come in single rows of four in the kit.

Next door to these louvres, is that a winch? Ive checked the M16 but thats too short, does look like a winch half though, but im not an expert in 1/35 winches :lol

lee

Yes, that's what I think it is too. The only one I've seen are the half track winches. Can't provide any more info yet...

Next door to these louvres, is that a winch? Ive checked the M16 but thats too short, does look like a winch half though, but im not an expert in 1/35 winches :lol

lee

True Michael, it is an odd shape, but, to be an actual antennae from a kit, hmm thats one BIG kit lol.
Maybe its not a kit part at all, could be scratchbuilt for the hell of it, looks to be white in media going by the scuff on the front, possibly just vac formed styrene....tricky!

lee

It would have to be around 60mm long or so.

Yup thats a whopper at 60mm bro, hmm im still on the fence its a kit part, but, you never know what could happen in this loopy game lol.

lee

Hey guys what about this on top of the canopy bulkhead?
Looks like some sort of airplane ..........antenna?
I dont know about the rounded bulge behind the cockpit, but heres another part for you.

Greetings!

This is a fantastic thread! I might actually have most of the parts for an A-wing!

Back to the Probe Droid, does anyone have an ID on this part:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back