Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter - Take 2

AWESOME.I have a ?,how will you mold it since it"s not a 2 piece like the Nicen master?

Dave

It will be a 2 pieces hull :) however it would have been easier and time saver to mold and (roto)cast it as a single piece around the armature, I don't know why they did not do that !

Julien,

This is just perfect looking!

I know it's early in the build, but what paint/color will you be using? Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey?

Mike.

Hi Julien.

First off, let me say what a beautiful job. Just beautiful. Flawless craftsmanship. I've been following this thread from the beginning, but I have to ask. I noticed that you used Plastruct (or EMA) spheres for the cockpit master. I had thought that the TIE master hull fell in between 5' and 5.125' and required it to be vacuformed to have the kit parts sit in the correct location. Maybe I missed something along the way (very, very possible). What size were your spheres Julien? Thanks.

-emojo5/Ed M

Way more visible with the dye, J. It's the combo of a flash and the white resin that kills the detail

Looks great!!

Thanks Matt,

Still not as good than it is in person :( I will try to get some pics without flash and under the sunlight (if there is any) tomorrow !

Setting the bar higher pushes us to always strive for perfection...then again, with Mr.Tox, perfection is not far from being achieved:cool

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back