Studio Scale Cylon Raider in styrene

So far the most glaring thing is that bar on the canopy, maybe a few dips into the leo and karl boxes, otherwise I can live with most everything else...

Canopy for sure Mike, maybe some of the more "blended" moulding on some of the Leo parts i agree, but really looks great, be kinda weird building a studio model from a box, in styrene!

lee

So far the most glaring thing is that bar on the canopy, maybe a few dips into the leo and karl boxes, otherwise I can live with most everything else...

Agreed, looks damn close, even the huey turbine lasers look good, and I may just pick a couple up for other SS builds as donors, way cheaper than running down all the kits. LOL! Wonder what the case price online will be once it hits, betting a case of these will be less than the V2 SS resin one . . .

Here's hoping you get a case for your troubles Mike . . . you should.

Ryan

Ryan, could you have even conceived of this thing existing, even two years ago?!

I've been saying we've been enjoying the "golden age" of studio scale modeling for the past couple of years, and it's starting to feel like I might have been premature in that assessment!

It is Damn impressive... I hope the make a boatload on these so they will be motivated to do more... I think they were more motivated by a desire to do a consistent scale with the other fighter kits they've made - But I'll be buying it because its studio scale and F'n cool :cool:thumbsup and as someone else said - using it as a doner for other studio scale projects that use the same parts is pretty darn awesome...

Jedi Dade

Ryan, could you have even conceived of this thing existing, even two years ago?!

I've been saying we've been enjoying the "golden age" of studio scale modeling for the past couple of years, and it's starting to feel like I might have been premature in that assessment!

Perhaps one day, that "Golden Age" will include a Galactica Laser Gun Turret kit......... :rolleyes

Gene

It looks like it's almost exactly what i sent them, sans a bit of clean up for symmetry, so yeah like 17 inches for the wingspan, about 12 inches front to back and it's something like 2 1/2 inches - 3inches thick. Pretty excited about this, even though i have one done it will be cool to do a couple of builds.....someday!
mike

An upgrade kit for the canopy would probably sell a few... wink, wink, nudge, nudge say no more ;)

that's really the only thing I see at casual look that is obviously off. I'm sure there are other areas that we can nit pick... but I'd buy an upgraded canopy Just sayin' :D

Jedi Dade

Frank was in town last week. He didn't have any samples with him, but he said that the kit should* be out around February......

Gene

*- pending Chinese New Year vacations at the factory, shipping, customs, etc......

I figure they'll have them at Wonderfest, but I don't know if I can wait that long...

BTW, I'd totally be up for canopy upgrade. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back