studio scale 66" Enterprise:

trooper

Sr Member
this is by far the largest endeavor Ive ever made when it comes to models.

i loved to watch the tv show when i was young, and when i saw the 18" model in a store i had to have it, it was just the coolest thing to have the ship from the show in my very hands, much the same feeling i have now, it's the sense of aw, wonder and excitement we have as we are young and carry with us into adult hood, which given the site this is on, I'm sure we can all relate on some level :)

i hope in the next coming months you enjoy the videos.

if you have any suggestions or questions i would like to hear them. or if there is something you would like me to go over that has not been done, just let me know and i will make sure to include it on the video.

Last edited:
Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neil. last of the mohicans

I'll be watching and learning!

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neil. the last of the mohic

Of course, and maybe even sniffing some glue? ;) :D

Re: 1/2 studio scale enterprise, My 66" big E from steve neil. the last of the mohic

:lol ca is no fun to sniff, but now you can really kill come brain cells with lacquer thinner or fiber glass resin :LOL

This is VERY promising!! Will be watching as well!!

Thanks for documenting this and I though you did great on the video. Looking forward to your build.

subscribed to the thread now!

here is a couple tech tips i thought some of you would enjoy :)

how to fix warped resin - YouTube

i dont know why the videos are coming you so crappy, i apologize and i will figure it out :)

Last edited:

well, here's a couple pics of what i got done today, I got allot done:)
i have a bunch of video but I'm dog tired. I will get the video edited and load it up tomorrow.

Oh sure, do the exciting stuff when I'm not around! I come over, it's a sanding video. You ever record grass grow? Paint drying? J/K ;) :D LMK when the women come back Jerry and I'll help "record" then. :)

great, so your going to be here tomorrow :D

i cant offord YOUR kind of women :lol

Making some good progress I see, and looking good!

Great video! Your tripod must be AWESOME! I feel like I'm almost right there with you!

:D

:( so it's as boring as watching the grass grow! ....great :lol

Looking good. Nice tip on using the hair dryer to speed up the Bondo, never thought of that.

You need some more light for the vids, higher resolution would be nice too. I'd really like to see what you're doing :)

thank you robn1-
ive found just about everything that requires any kind of activator is thermo activated, so hit with some heat and it will cure quicker, this also works with silicones :)
OK, after fiddling with my nhc video pad editor, i discovered that it's dummying down my videos, i cant seem to upload from the video pad to you tube directly and get hd quality video, but if i save it to my pc then upload to youtube i get hd ??? I'm not pc literate, so if any of you know what my problem is, please pm me :):)

i will also try to get the other vidys fixed

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back