I've been wanting to start a SS build, so I picked up a TIE Bomber kit from the MMM site. It's not a bad kit in my opinion, it has it's quirks, though. But it's been pretty straight forward to build so far. The entire kit is resin.
I did have a photo of the kit contents, but the stupid file somehow got corrupt when I was transferring it over from my SD card to my computer, so my apologies for now showing the entire kit all laid out.
The wings are pretty thin and came with some styrene glued to them to fix some of the thinnest places. You'll notice that part of one of the wings still had a small crack because it was so thin.
I also had to clean up the Saturn V parts as well.
Here are the two main body cylinders. I wanted to make these a little more accurate on the outside as well as adding some cockpit detail, so I ended up cutting off the fronts of both of the fuselages.
I sanded down the wings and puttied up the edges to try and smooth things out as well as hide the crack in the one wing.
I scratched the cockpit. I didn't want to spend too much time or put too much detail into it since it's really not going to be seen really well.
Scratched floor grate.
Next I'm going to work on making this a little closer to the filming model. I've also decided to light this puppy as well and I have to thank Randy at VoodooFX for his advice and help as well! He already sent me the lighting kit and it looks incredibly easy to put together!
Thanks for looking and any comments anyone may have!