Ok, so I finally finished up the proto and several of the final kits for the probe droid. I added some new features over my ver. 1 also.
1) Single board solution
2) Is activated via motion sensor or random timer
3) Light up eye LED and blaster LED.
4) Dual antenna servo outputs to motorize the antennas
5) Dome servo output to motorize random head movements
6) Programmable modes: Timer/motion activation mode, delay between events, sounds can be changed out via microSD card.
7) small speaker included - optional 1W amp for louder sound also available.
Here is a vid of the kit in action. There are about 10 different sound events right now. I can add more.
Star Wars ESB probe droid model - light and sound kit, rev 2.0 - YouTube
ESB scene playback:
Star Wars ESB probe droid model - light and sound kit rev 2.0 - easter egg - YouTube
For motorizing the antennas/head you can use any hobby servo you like. Since I dont have a PD kit I dont know size restrictions so for now I leave that to the builder.
Also to limit any servo noise, I only energize the servos when they need to move. Otherwise they are not powered and make no added noise!
Hope you guys like it. I will put up an interest thread in the junkyard soon. Price will be around the same as my ver. 1 board.