The Sealab.... RERELEASED?

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, so I have been HAMMERING Jamie at Round 2, every year at Wonderfest, for the past five or six years to do the Sealab. Every year it's the same thing. "We can look into it, I guess?..."

This year I did my annual "DOOD I WILL BUY LIKE THREE CASES" (which I think is a conservative estimate) and he said "I know. Everyone keeps mentioning it. We bought one. We're looking into it now..."

We talked a little further, and as before, we talked about how it would essentially have to be backwards engineered, as the molds are not available/lost/whatever. But he understands how much the studio guys need them in quantity, as well as the nostalgic element, which would have people buying them to take a virtual time trip back to their childhoods.

So if you are so inclined, drop Jamie at Round 2 an email, and let him know you too want a Sealab. He's a great guy - he listens to the fans.

Contact Us | Round 2 Models - AMT models, MPC models and Polar Lights models, including Star Trek kits.

And hey, you AT-ST builders - check THIS out! This was at Wonderfest! Imagine my frustration! LOL

Ford C600 Pepsi City Delivery Truck | AMT | Round 2 Models - AMT models, MPC models and Polar Lights models, including Star Trek kits.

I inquired about the Sealab at Round2's booth this weekend. :) I told him I was a studio scale modeler and that every star wars ship in the films had sealab parts all over them. That I'd need dozens of these kits. Here's hoping!!!! I wasn't the 4th or even 5th person that told him that at the convention so maybe all the inquiries will sink in.

I sent off an email. I'd get at least 11 for the Falcon. Plus I'd like to actually build a Sealab to display, imagine that!

Last edited:
YES PLEASE!

I thought Moebius wound up with the original tooling?

Message sent. Have they been watching g the ebay prices? Come on!

Dropped a line too. Put a vote in for a 22" Eagle as well. I understand they are thinking about it with the 12" re-pop depending upon how well that sells.

I hope they realize how much of an exact duplicate the likes of us need it to be...

"ARRGH, the ejection pin markings are in different places!"

I had sent an e-mail back in May; what I did today was to make a polite post on their Facebook page urging them to get the Sealab back out there in styrene!

Considering that the vast majority of kits would be for kitbashes anyway, all they need to do it mold 'em, bag 'em and pack 'em in plain boxes for shipping (multi-pack for those buying several...). No need for pretty boxes, instructions, marketing etc. and all the other associated add-ons.

For a given pre-paid run (and you with the open wallets know who you are) have them quote the cost break at different volumes, say 100, 200, kits? At a cost to make it worthwhile for R2.

If it winds up significantly cheaper than scouring eBoy, everybody wins.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back