So this is my first Studio Scale model. Did some srcatchbuilding before but this is the first time using studio accurate kit parts. If I like this way of modeling I'd like to work my way up to either an TESB AT-AT or a ROTJ speederbike, although I believe the consensus is that latter was mostly/fully scratchbuilt by ILM.
So these are my basic modeling principles for this model:
- I'll be casting copies of parts where possible to save costs and to save parts for later use in other models
- I'll be modeling it only with the mounting points that I need to display my model and not necessarily with all the mounting points on the studio model
- I'll be painting it "real-world" instead of studio accurate. Basically I'd like it to look right in daylight versus under studio lighting
This is all information that I found in the other threads on this forum (thanks go out to Lee, Jason, Julien and probably others...) and is not my own work. Here's the list of kit (parts) you'll need:
- 5x 1/72 Hasegawa Morsel Karl (5x F28, 10x F45, 5x F34)
- 5x 1/35 Tamiya Schwerer Panzerspahwagen Sdkfz 232 (5x hull, 5x B13, 5x B30)
- 5x 1/35 Tamiya 20mm German Flakvierling 38 MIT Sd.Ah. 52 (5x A3, 5x A4, 2x A9, 3x A10, 10x A13, 2x E10, 3x E11, 5x F17)
- 1x 1/25 Tamiya Russian Medium Tank T-34 Type 85 (1x C9)
- 1x 1/12 Tamiya Lotus JPS MK III (1x L6, 1x L7, 1x L9)
- 5x Plastruct LF-416
- 5x Plastruct VHE-40
Thanks for looking!