Rebel Transport scratchbuild.

Re: A storm is coming!

Hope not Stu :lol Im really hoping i can pull some great stuff off this week, and give you guys some more, this has to be done for the 30th of TESB, be rude not to huh lol.

lee

Three as far as i know Martyn:lol and they were tricky to track down as thay are now OOP lol.
All that has been ID'd is now in hand anyway so, i just need to get my butt in gear TBH.lee

Them bogie parts go ALL the way along, huh? Of course they do! Thanks fer that...back to eBay I trot...:)

Hope not Stu :lol Im really hoping i can pull some great stuff off this week, and give you guys some more, this has to be done for the 30th of TESB, be rude not to huh lol.

lee

The 30th of TESB??, nah can't be, that makes my age:eek lol!!.
Good plan Lee, a great model from the best SW movie of all time IMO.
Look forward to it dude!.
Stu

lee

Them bogie parts go ALL the way along, huh? Of course they do! Thanks fer that...back to eBay I trot...:)

Martyn, try Roll Models website, I got 5 Leo's and 5 Karls from them no problem with no sign of depletion and a wicked price too.
Stu:)

Thanks for the tip, Stu, they do have it and the price is OK.
Cheers,
Martyn

This forum is great !, I spend too much time here but without it I wouldn't have attempted the builds I have. I'm glad things have settled a bit, amazing things are available here, so If it ain't broken don't fix it.

You're doing great work Lee, keep it up, looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

Phil

Martyn, not sure what "bogies" your seeing buddy, you mean in the actual belly?
I only count one used in there (but this could change as i build lol), if you mean (as i like to call it) the chassis railing piece.
That said, you still need multiple Leo's for elsewhere on the model buddy.

Phil cheers bud, will get to your stuff this week bud, promise lol, just need to pull all the kits and trim the bits you need, just not been able to of late due to limited time with this and that.

lee

Martyn, try Roll Models website, I got 5 Leo's and 5 Karls from them no problem with no sign of depletion and a wicked price too.
Stu:)

Weren't one or both of those railgun models recently re-released and re-tooled? If so, the version they're selling might not be 100% complete or accurate to the original versions we need.

I haven't heard any discussions yet about the re-release of these kits or the extent of any changes that may have been made.

If these are leftover kits from a previous release many years ago, that's another matter. I'd be interested in getting more of those as well. . .

I found this tidbit of info (on the Karl with Munitionspanzer version):

This kit appears to be a reissue of the earlier 60 cm Karl by Hasegawa, which also had the Munitionspanzer. There is a whole new hull for the Karl, as well as new suspension with new wheels, and (of course) the longer barrel. The Munitionspanzer has a new set of wheels. How can I be sure of this? Because Hasegawa left all the parts from the previous 60 cm Mörser kit on the sprues. The only indication of which are the “correct” parts comes from the instructions.

If this is true for all three railgun kits in their current incarnation, it means we are good to go with the re-issued versions. I hope this is indeed the case! :)

Weren't one or both of those railgun models recently re-released and re-tooled? If so, the version they're selling might not be 100% complete or accurate to the original versions we need.

Charles, yeah, you need the Hasegawa version. The new one is a whole new kit I heard, but got that from an LHS guy and it might not be correct. At any rate the one they had on sale is from some other outfit I'd never heard of.

Edit - oh, hadn't read your other post, OK retooled Hase as well eh? Does sounds like that one should work OK, good to hear.

Martyn, not sure what "bogies" your seeing buddy, you mean in the actual belly?
I only count one used in there (but this could change as i build lol), if you mean (as i like to call it) the chassis railing piece.

Ah, I'm with you now Lee - yeah, only one "main chassis frame for the gun itself thing", if that's what you mean.

That said, you still need multiple Leo's for elsewhere on the model buddy.

Sure do. You do need two in the belly, unless you're casting parts. Could be three, can't be proven but three makes sense. I'll PM you again, saves embarrassment if I'm wrong. :)

Cheers,
Martyn

Last edited:

Sorry if already posted but how about putting research turned JY into the archived Threads section? Kinda makes sense.

Martyn, yes buddy i seeing what your seeing lol. Sitting here right now, with a ton of donor kits all over the living room floor, trimming parts that i like and arranging into little plastic tool tray boxes...i thought this was supposed to be fun LOL, its killing me :lol
Now, i really do have all the respect for the guys that build ISD's, Gal's etc....and this is only tiny in comparison.

Should have updates in a day or so guys, need to begin detailing the aperture boxes, want to get as much in as i can, so pending hull plate placement, it all looks rather insane in there when one peers through!

lee

Not much done today guys, spent most of it buried in kit sprue's TBH, but the time spent was worth it, as at least a have a small arsenal easy to hand.
I did work on one aperture, and attach the Leo and Tyrrell chassis'

Least i can take a pic now the right way up, without all my temporary tacked bits falling off lol, i know, im so damn slow, but its taking shape.

Some kit part glueing will begin in earnest in the AM, and, im thnking i better get the upper engine apertures cut :eek

The centre fin, is too short (I KNOW lol) a new one will be made soon, as the rear vents, in light of newer ref, are not as i cut them too, joy LOL.

lee

Last edited:

I love the 3/4 rear view bro, you're doing an awesome work on this one, shouldnt be easy to cut and fit the part on this curved hull !

It will be very nice with all your other TESB models ! I hope to see them in personn someday ;)

The aperture boxes bro, are a pain in the butt, shoudlnt be lol, but its so odd having a rectangular hole, in a curved hull....insane, what were these guys on back then? :lol
Tricky detailing them anyway, have to get the right sort of effect as the prop, plus, couple that with forward thinking on plate placement later,my heads fried, and ive only done one of the small ones lol, 'tis good fun though.
Been dry fitting parts for the brim trench too bro, spent quite a while, and came up with a rather nice looking array, should have took a pic, but it was just a dry run lol, cheers buddy, ill be needing your advice and opinions later, when i do get to the trenches etc!

bests.....lee

Looks AWESOME Lee! :eek

Did you make the forms for these large parts to be vac-formed. Just curious because we haven't seen that part of the process...

Scot cheers bud, as for the vac pulls, hell no, i didnt pull this bird buddy, that was the long, and time consuming task of a very good friend of ours lol.

lee

The aperture boxes bro, are a pain in the butt, shoudlnt be lol, but its so odd having a rectangular hole, in a curved hull....insane, what were these guys on back then? :lol
Tricky detailing them anyway, have to get the right sort of effect as the prop, plus, couple that with forward thinking on plate placement later,my heads fried, and ive only done one of the small ones lol, 'tis good fun though.
Been dry fitting parts for the brim trench too bro, spent quite a while, and came up with a rather nice looking array, should have took a pic, but it was just a dry run lol, cheers buddy, ill be needing your advice and opinions later, when i do get to the trenches etc!

bests.....lee

Yeah bro I hear you about cutting a rectangular hole in a curved hull ! But you did well.
Anyway what you did on the first box looks very ILM like !

Yeah I remember when I was building my ISD, gluing details on only 4-5 cm of the model per day, it was very time consumming but the result with all the shadows created by the undercuts of true kit parts are the best reward you can get... I really want to see how the trench will turn out, no doubt you will do a fine job bro... :love

The best advice I could give you regarding the trenches is to study how they did the 8 footer ISD trenches and superstructures since they were built more or less at the same time by the same guys... Always think in layers and you'll get a great result !

Thing is bro, on the RT, the brim trenches, are not glued to a blank wall, more so, they are built, to the lower belly plate, thus making it all "hang" and very tricky lol.
Im working on larger parts to the rear of the trench, and the more intricate parts, at the front, and creating that overlap out from the hulls notches.
Anyway, after a short amount of time, i got a few cm's done lol, reckon this is the look im going for, still need's tweaking, and a much finer/smaller degree of parts on the outside, but it should make for a very shadowed and undercut appearance?

lee

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back