Ottawa Star Wars Identities 2013: ESB Falcon, ISD Avenger, Slave 1, Tie Advanced

raiders

This past summer I went to see the Star Wars Identities in Ottawa and took a few pictures of the models there. I was able to light the models at the museum with a LED day for 1 ½ days before the staff told me to turn off the LED. However, by then I had taken the majority of my pictures. I used a Nikon D7100 camera with a Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Nikkor lens. The camera automatically adjusted for lens distortion. I used RAW mode which gives an image that is 6000x4000 pixels and is approximately 28 Mb. I used Nikon’s Capture NX 2 to do a basic conversion of the RAW file to a jpeg and applied the Auto level setting to each file, which produced a manageable file size under 4 Mb.

I uploaded the files to my Microsoft Onedrive account (formally skydrive). It’s free to access the pictures. However, if you don’t have an account I believe you’re limited to downloading a maximum of 300 Mb at one time. It’s free to set up an account with them.
Use the following link to access the files: https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!109

You can find the following:
Millennium Falcon ESB 3 foot (1127 pictures)
Millennium Falcon ESB 3 foot orthographic views (96 pictures)
Slave 1 (224 pictures)
ISD Avenger (7000 pictures)
Tie Advanced (131 pictures)

The Y-wing was not present; it was damaged after being at the Montreal exhibit.

Feel free to share these pictures, but no selling for profit and please don't post them to other websites without my permission.

Steven

Last edited:
i wish the exhibition had still been on when we visited Ottawa for the Comic con in December that would have been the icing on the cake.

Wow! You documented a LOT! These will be really helpful to some folks.
Still, with all those pictures, I can't believe you missed the pin-up in the back of the cockpit!
981.JPG

Bumping an old thread, but would you happen to still have the photos of the Avenger? I checked the link, and the only thing there is the Slave 1. I'm in the midst of building the 8' Avenger and believe your photos would be a wealth of information for me. Is it possible to still get those? I would be most appreciative!

This past summer I went to see the Star Wars Identities in Ottawa and took a few pictures of the models there. I was able to light the models at the museum with a LED day for 1 ½ days before the staff told me to turn off the LED. However, by then I had taken the majority of my pictures. I used a Nikon D7100 camera with a Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX Nikkor lens. The camera automatically adjusted for lens distortion. I used RAW mode which gives an image that is 6000x4000 pixels and is approximately 28 Mb. I used Nikon’s Capture NX 2 to do a basic conversion of the RAW file to a jpeg and applied the Auto level setting to each file, which produced a manageable file size under 4 Mb.

I uploaded the files to my Microsoft Onedrive account (formally skydrive). It’s free to access the pictures. However, if you don’t have an account I believe you’re limited to downloading a maximum of 300 Mb at one time. It’s free to set up an account with them.
Use the following link to access the files: https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!109

You can find the following:
Millennium Falcon ESB 3 foot (1127 pictures)
Millennium Falcon ESB 3 foot orthographic views (96 pictures)
Slave 1 (224 pictures)
ISD Avenger (7000 pictures)
Tie Advanced (131 pictures)

The Y-wing was not present; it was damaged after being at the Montreal exhibit.

Feel free to share these pictures, but no selling for profit and please don't post them to other websites without my permission.

Steven

Just stumbled over this photo collection too, when googling detail shots for the Falcon belly and all I find there are the Slave 1 pics. Would need detail photos of the falcon belly rightfront quarter as well as the center mandible
For some unknown reason to me, it seems these are the less covered areas when being photographed

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if this link to the Ottawa Identities model pics is dead? For some reason, when trying to view the Ottawa/Montreal pics, it either automatically goes to OneDrive Login or just says these files may have been moved/removed...anyone else having similar issues? Thx

Hi, does anyone know if this link to the Ottawa Identities model pics is dead? For some reason, when trying to view the Ottawa/Montreal pics, it either automatically goes to OneDrive Login or just says these files may have been moved/removed...anyone else having similar issues? Thx

I can't get them to come up either...I hope it is still up. I was planning on using these as references for some up coming paint work.

I have several ESB Falcon shots from Star Wars Identities - London if you need them. PM me and I'll stick them on Google. They're queued up behind the Nostromo and my struggle with Canon Photostitch on OSX.

Thanks man, unfortunately I'm just trying to get ahold of the Slave1/SnowSpeeder pics, they were fantastic HQ shots but I never got a chance to make copies. I'm guessing he had to make room or transfer them. Hoping someone made copies and will chime in eventually.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back