M-31 Firefox, scale plane replica

Anyone heard from Will??
I'm back,
I had a major puter crash and a "little" something else I had to attend too.....meet Tinkerbelle...A piebald mini Dachsand. Mommy is having trouble with feeding her so I have too...not much sleep these last few days

tinkandme.jpg

Will, You look just like the way that you sounded on the telephone the other night. Glad to see a pic of your latest project. Have you sent me your Skiff yet??? Tell ya what, ...I'll send you mine when you send me yours. - m/m v.v.

quick update,
I had a chance to get to the shop and pour the bottom "cover" for the lower fuselage mold, while I have applied the pour gate, I've not drilled the vents yet. It's a simple process though, I've cut a piece of brass tubing and made little jaged teeth in the end. once chucked in my drill, this allows it to cut through the rtv straight and true to make my vents on the perimeter of the wall edges, pics soon.
Sincerely,
Will

Update!,
Ok, as promised here we go..I'm quite happy with the final result of this casting so it will become the lower fuselage for the new "hollow"master pattern. The inside will be super smoothed out like an injection kit for final molding process. This series of links, in order, will hopefully give everyone an idea as to the casting and demolding process. I couldn't pour this casting under pressure and due to that fact ther are a couple airbubbles. the most prominant one is on the starboard side intake on the inside. There is also one on the front of the belly intake edge as well as the side of the belly intake, both about the diameter of a No2 pencil lead. on to the pics..enjoy
Best,
will

CastMstr_1.jpg

CastMstr_2.jpg

CastMstr_3.jpg

CastMstr_4.jpg

CastMstr_5.jpg

CastMstr_6.jpg

CastMstr_7.jpg

CastMstr_8.jpg

CastMstr_9.jpg

CastMstr_10.jpg

CastMstr_11.jpg

CastMstr_12.jpg

CastMstr_13.jpg

CastMstr_14.jpg

CastMstr_15.jpg

CastMstr_16.jpg

CastMstr_17.jpg

CastMstr_18.jpg

CastMstr_19.jpg

CastMstr_20.jpg

CastMstr_21.jpg

CastMstr_22.jpg

CastMstr_23.jpg

CastMstr_24.jpg

I am unable to view the link but by the sounds of the last few comments i hope everything is ok.

Here is the post:

One of our own faces family tragedy!
I have held off posting about this to make sure what I say is OK with the person involved. One of our own, talented modelmaker Will Babington -- Nautilus guru and resident Firefox expert (aka WbNemo1) -- is going through an unbelievable family tragedy. Please give him your prayers and support as we start off this new year.

Last April, Will lost his Dad. Then, just before Christmas, tragedy struck again, but this time it was even worse. It turns out Will has an autistic son who has been under the care of Will's mother (the boy's Grandmother) in another city. Just before Christmas, 2007, the boy was brutally attacked and stabbed in both eyes!

This unbelievable story has been on the local and national news. It's all the more unreal when you find out it happened to one of our own. I will link to a story here where you can read more information. Most importantly, a fund has been set up to help the Babington's in this terrible time of need.

I know Will has taken a leave of absence from work to deal with this situation and I can't even imagine what they must be going through. If you feel it in your heart to help, please consider contributing to this fund that will help the Babingtons cope with medical expenses and special care needs for their son.

Quote:
A special fund has been set up by The Association for Retarded Citizens -- a national organization with a Broward County branch -- for Edward "Alex" Babington through SunTrust Bank. "There's been so much interest in this case, people asking how they could help the family, that we figured this was the best way to go about it," said Sean Conway, the family's lawyer, who helped establish the fund. Money raised will go toward Alex's medical treatments. Anyone interested in donating to the trust fund for Alex can call the ARC at (305) 759-8500.
Story here:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...0,330295.story

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opi...,7195493.story

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/services...,6297010.story

Bruce

Thank you Bruce for updating us that are unable to see the previous link.

My thoughts and prayers are with Will and his family during this tragic time.

Oh, dear God...Will, words cannot express how sorry I am to read about this. Simply unbelievable that one human being could do that to another. I hope your son is able to at least recover partial sight. You and your son are both in my prayers.

Bill

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back