Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

If that's correct, then, Finally, been waiting for Tamiya to do the 312b. No more ridiculous prices on the bay for me then. I sense a bulk buy coming up:love.

Just checked, you are absolutely right mate. HLJ have it listed as a pre-order with 20% off up till Feb 22nd. Re-issued with photo-etch parts & what they call a 'spot production'. Maybe a limited edition.
Stu

Last edited:
I've been fondling the 312B this weekend and marked off all it's mandible pieces plus a couple more missing from MF024 and MF026.

MF020 part #5 is Tamiya Matilda. :)

Craig

Last edited:
Excellent job Craig, thanks. :) That fills in alot of queries.

I've also realised I didn't add in the 1/25 Kenworth 'Movin On/Alaskan Hauler chassis which run along the mandible sides so will sort that when I add in your ID's.

Still can't believe how much of the Old girl we've managed to map since we started. Impressive team work, most impressive...

Cheers
Nick

I'll be making those Kettenkrad, 8rad and Matilda groups at some point soon. I know the P-51 is on the reverse section but what is this part?

And does anyone have the Tamiya Bismarck to confirm this piece next to the Sealab? It's not my map, don't know where it came from. :lol

Craig

Last edited:
Great stuff, Craig. The starboard mandible Panther stuff was already mapped BTW - you know the other 1/24 parts on there too, yeah?

The part given as 1/48 Jagdpanther in the unknown map is actually 1/24 Panther too, IINM.

Ah, OK sweet. I know that's one of the big kits you have!

Coming soon: missing mandible details. At least one is a Ferrari bit!

Good to see those engine bits I had in mind ARE 312B. God I have to get that kit.

Oh actually there's a bunch of Panther on the port side too. These mosaics are great fodder for full mandible-side "official" maps with EVERYTHING thrown in - Nick - hint hint. :)

That's a mantlet on the bottom of the port-side Entex rotary, right?

Craig the 1/24 P-51D part is actually from the 1/24 Hurricane. The part must be cut here and there though, here is a pic of the complete part:

You can see it here with a lot of casting bubbles in one of the access bays of the
top fuselage:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I haven't been able to find a kit scan of the Tamiya 1/700 Bismarck to confirm that part but it is the only part I am missing to ID from the cockpit side mandible:facepalm apart from some missing stuff. I'll keep looking into it and I'll let you know.

Bests:
Rod

Last edited:
Indeed, as you've seen I'm heading towards fewer, mosaic type maps with more info. Just got to get a trade off in images that are manageable but still allow folks to get a close look at the individual parts as well as an overview of ID's across a section. Next chance I get will do some more updates. Keep 'em coming...

Oh actually there's a bunch of Panther on the port side too. These mosaics are great fodder for full mandible-side "official" maps with EVERYTHING thrown in - Nick - hint hint. :)

Hurricane it is, thank you Rod. Yup, I've got all the Panther stuff, Martyn. Let me know if I've missed any. Could that be the Panther's barrel further back along the port side? You can see it better in MF015.

Craig

Last edited:
Rod & Craig, incredible part maps work fella's. Just shows how much this Panther donated it's parts to.
Rod, that M23 part #17, wow, I'd wanted to know that for ages & it's been under my nose all the time!. Sometimes you just can't see the woods for the tree's!.

The wait for the 312b's is gonna kill me now, ah well!.

Guy's, I now have a contact in Japan that can track down the harder to find kits through the local auction sites etc... . If there is anything you guy's want he may be able to get it for you. LMK.

Incredibe work here chaps, well done!.
Stu

Craig, the part in front of the Panther part on top of the front tip of the starboard mandible is also Panther, so that's missed. Otherwise I think that's pretty much the lot, but I'll have to have a proper look later tonight.

Thanks. :)

Here's what I have for missing pieces on the starboard side. Also spotted another 8ton on the port side. Rod, you have the third cylinder marked blue in your image but I think it's from the McLaren? Sorry, don't have the kit in hand yet.

OK, edited in the port side! I also have a theory that a Ferrari engine bit was at one point glued under the Sealab. No photo evidence, but the glue marks match perfectly. Hmmm...

Craig

Last edited:
I'd just like to comment on kit 7 above: there was no tamiya sherman in 1/35 scale that had these parts back in those days. They made an m4a3e8 that had different suspension parts. These are probably from the M36 or M10.

That's right Scott. Those suspension parts can be found on both Tamiya kits, M10 and M36 Jackson.
The suspension of the 1/35 Tamiya Sherman is similar to the Hasegawa 1/72 Sherman used in the X-Wing and in the Docking rings of the 5 footer. What I am not sure about is if the Sherman Suspesion used on top of the Centurion chassis behind the rear landing gear of the 5 footer is the Tamiya 1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman N°18 or a bigger scale tank :confused

Thanks. :)

Here's what I have for missing pieces on the starboard side. Also spotted another 8ton on the port side. Rod, you have the third cylinder marked blue in your image but I think it's from the McLaren? Sorry, don't have the kit in hand yet.

OK, edited in the port side! I also have a theory that a Ferrari engine bit was at one point glued under the Sealab. No photo evidence, but the glue marks match perfectly. Hmmm...

Craig

Craig, I don't think those parts listed as being from the Tamiya Panther ausf A on your starboard parts map are right mate. I can't find anything that looks correct in the kit. The part that looks like a cutting tool is too small anyhoo.
I'll keep looking:)
Stu

I think you're probably right, Stu. I think I was reading the shadows wrong in a bit of a stupor last night:facepalm. By my scaling though the cutters are exact size?

Rod, the M4A3E8 suspension is 3.44cm at its widest, if that helps.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back