This is a piece I made for Kurt that was cast from the original studio molds. I was hired to repair the original casting, then mold and cast clear fiberglass shells that could be built up and lit.
HereÂ’s how it came to me. It had a really bad crack on the bottom, and a flaw in the casting.
You can see the crack and flaws on the left side here, my daughter is holding it.
HereÂ’s after the repair, I cast parts and pieces from the other side, and also went to a hobby shop and bought replacement details that went on the bottom, most of them being train parts.
After the repairing the original I made a mold and cast it in clear fiberglass, I built it up and sent it to Kurt.
HereÂ’s a pic of the clear casting.
And the completed build up.
The finished piece is 37" long. These wonÂ’t be sold through me as IÂ’m not authorized to sell them by the owner of the original, but I was allowed to make one for Kurt.