Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H ha sorry Stu, It was meant with a little tongue n cheek but still I'm more than happy with it o far, Lee's just bagged a few more Id's on it too so its one step closer than before!!

I've been over thinking the way the shuttle tubes join the Harrier engine, been trying t make it parallel but think I' just going to place them on tp of the part and have the harrier engine at an angle, its been bugging me for about 12 months and thats why I've not attached it yet.

Note to Moe and anyone else who have joined these, how did you tackle it, just laid on top or cut the harrier engine so it sits parallel with the boosters. If you've tried it you'll know what I mean?

More ID work going on and more cutting tonight

When i got your email on my phone at work mate, it bugged me, knew id seen those parts somewhere, i know you said you checked F1's, but i had to be sure lol, its rare i let an F1 kit beat me haha, got right in from work and got on the job, it gets you like that this part Id malarkey, its like a crack fix at times :lol

lee

Ha ha, I'm taking advantage of Freya napping and straining kits all over the house, yeh a bag of chips on the way mate ;-)

Thanks for more model pr0n Guy! That engine assembly is amazing! Looking forward to more. I like how you're building everything BUT the armature so far. I guess that part will define itself as you go along. :thumbsup

Time for another small update on more engine fun, thanks to Lee I can get these wrapped up now, these took exactly 2 hours and 45 min to make!!!! I'm slow LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for more model pr0n Guy! That engine assembly is amazing! Looking forward to more. I like how you're building everything BUT the armature so far. I guess that part will define itself as you go along. :thumbsup

Its a tricky thing to work out till I have it all ready to assemble, Though I am doing my best to get these parts as close to the original as possible when it comes to fitting them in a hull it will throw a massive spanner in the works. I decided to have an accurate engine and sacrifice what I have to later to get it to fit. I know I can make it work it will just be fiddely. The armature won't be exact but resemble what it needs to. Just building all these little parts is the Fun part, I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts!!!!

I couldn't resist a quick mock up so far, I also think I've worked out from staring at one of the ref pics for ages a little bit more about the actual armature used and how it all interacts and was designed......hmmmmm makes a lot of sense if the blurry image is not playing tricks on me!!!!

Last edited:
It's funny if you take away the wings which are kind of the bottom
but not a huge part of it, and the radar dish it doesn't look so intimidating
any more! LOL

Looks good I like the part you made in front of the entex
fenders. Looks perfect with the thin one on the inside,
nice job did you form that like I did mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back