Houdiniguy selling Mike Tait recasts on ebay

TK4611

Firstly, this is not an attempt to discredit or destroy anyone's reputation on the RPF, it is simply information on a situation I have found myself in and wish to warn others about.

2 months ago, I won an ebay auction for a Studio Scale X-wing which was being sold by someone with the username tomg981. A little bit of internet investigation and it turns out that this is Tom Gallo AKA Houdiniguy.
The SS X-wing kit is one which I have been after for a while, however there was no indication as to whether it was a Mike Salzo kit or a Captain Cardboard version or a recast of either. Also, shipping overseas was not specified - so I asked the question and the response (as seen in the auction) was yes, it is a Salzo and yes he ships overseas.
I paid straight away and heard no more from the seller until two weeks later when the kit still wasn't marked as shipped.
Tom assured me it had been shipped and that he would find me the tracking number.
Nearly two weeks later... no kit and no tracking number.
After several more emails Tom replied;
Hello,
I have been unable to locate the tracking numbers for this. I can
offer two options here for you. (Please check my feedback, I am an hoenst
collector and seller all at 100%) I am highly concerned this has not
arrived yet. I originally purchased 3 of these*, I will be more than happy
to send you the final kit I have, get tracking numbers and expidite the
shipping right to you. I of course will fully pay for the shipping etc.
Last resort... I can refund the balance to you. Let me know aqnd again my
sincere appologies on all of this.. Tom

* Bear that comment in mind for later...

I responded that I would cover the shipping costs if and when the replacement kit showed up.
Two weeks and several more unanswered emails later, I received a UPS tracking number. The kit was being shipped from Katy, Texas...
The seller resides in Tacoma, WA.

Another week later the kit arrives and it is obvious as soon as I opened the box that I have a recast on my hands, something which Mike Salzo himself confirmed.
I started back-tracking through posts on the RPF and the name Mike Tait (fairly synonymous with recasting) kept coming up.
On a whim, I Googled 'Mike Tait, Katy, Texas' and the senders address matched that of the Google listing for Mike Tait on the shipping label on the recast which I received.
Except that the senders name on the label says Tom Gallo.

IMG.jpg

By now, it was far too late to open an ebayclaim and Tom did not respond to my final email letting him know how disappointed I was.

I think that now, that disappointment has progressed to a case of being severely pissed off, not just because I received a recast, but because I was lied to by Tom throughout the whole process.
If the latest feedback on his ebay profile is to be believed, that is now something that may be becoming a little more commonplace.

So, I guess that this ends a sorry little chapter in my ebay experience.
Tom, if you are reading this, I am still disappointed and if there is anything that would possibly placate me, it would be a full refund and maybe an apology.

I won't hold my breath for either.

38 posts in 5 years( and 26 of those in the last month) ?

His post count has nothing to do with the issue at hand..

I can argue the same thing with your post count...485 since 2007? I been on a year and I have 3oo something..See how irrelevant it is?

He has really strong evidence, and I just cant believe it

His post count has nothing to do with the issue at hand..

I can argue the same thing with your post count...485 since 2007? I been on a year and I have 3oo something..See how irrelevant it is?

He has really strong evidence, and I just cant believe it

I didnt say it was relevent, I was just quoting a fact.
Invoices etc are easy to fake but I dont think we can take sides until Houdiniguy pops in and makes a comment

I'm not saying the invoice is a fake - just that it's the clearest I've seen here.
If it's a scan of the actual paperwork, then the hand stamp was placed in the box with
Terminator precision!
Then again - it may be this is how invoices are shown online in the U.S. as electronic or rather computer generated - I don't know. The ones I've received were always hand stamped and with handwriting. Again, not making a judgement - just pointing out what I see.

EDIT: Now I've noticed it says 'Online Postage' so that would explain the clarity and precision of the stamp.

What TK4611 is saying is true and its good to warn people of what is going on especially when it comes to Tait. Its unfortunate that Tom is associated with Tait as i think that association will only drag down his well respected reputation

What TK4611 is saying is true and its good to warn people of what is going on especially when it comes to Tait. Its unfortunate that Tom is associated with Tait as i think that association will only drag down his well respected reputation

there has been a few threads lately involving those 2 names.. I know he was cleared of any wrong doings in at least 1 thread.

One of the recent threads was the screen used T2 plasma rifle casts he was offering up for sale. He (Tom) had someone else do the molds for him and the end result was not up to scratch for a lot of members here. The molds went up for sale by Tom on Ebay shortly after and Zombiekiller bought them. I saw the molds and they looked very much like the crap that Mike Tait spits out. In fact if you go onto the endobuildersclub.com you will see some of Taits molding technics and i think you will agree.

38 posts in 5 years( and 26 of those in the last month) ?

OK, so I don't post a lot here. or anywhere else, but what does post count have to do with this thread, or selling recasts or shady associations with dodgy ripoff artists?

I have better things to do other than post fake packing slips and I'm not asking anyone to 'take sides'.
Trust me, I'd love to hear Tom's input on this - bring it on.

OK, so I don't post a lot here. or anywhere else, but what does post count have to do with this thread, or selling recasts or shady associations with dodgy ripoff artists?

I have better things to do other than post fake packing slips and I'm not asking anyone to 'take sides'.
Trust me, I'd love to hear Tom's input on this - bring it on.

I didnt say it was relevent, I was just quoting a fact.

This was my previous post

For three of those past five years I was Garrison CO for the 501st in Australia, that kinda took up a lot of my on-line time.

One of the recent threads was the screen used T2 plasma rifle casts he was offering up for sale. He (Tom) had someone else do the molds for him and the end result was not up to scratch for a lot of members here. The molds went up for sale by Tom on Ebay shortly after and Zombiekiller bought them. I saw the molds and they looked very much like the crap that Mike Tait spits out. In fact if you go onto the endobuildersclub.com you will see some of Taits molding technics and i think you will agree.

If you think these molds look like crap you have no clue what you are talking about. :thumbsdown

DSC01656-1.jpg

DSC01657-2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back