Well heres a little something i've finally managed to get to a point that i think i can call finished. I haven't posted anything in a while but i haven't actually finished anything since the last build and even that i went back and did some modifications to make it more accurate since i posted that as a finished piece.
Anyway this has been on the bench for quiet sometime now, i got it when Mike first released them or at least put my name down for one very early on when they became available. It was a beautiful kit as per normal from Mike which is very light weight wise for a kit of this size. Least i was expecting it to be heavier i guess.
The armature has 5 mount positions and i was helped out with that by a friend,well two actually but i ended up going for this configuration in the end.
Power is fed via brass tube insert in the body. This is basicly how the original shuttle and some of the other miniatures had the power run into them also. The front and rear point are on the original shuttle but the one that is behind the s/b mount cover is one i added also. If i side mount this which is an idea i may do, i thought it would be a good place to run the power rather than the front or rear positions.
The castings were fantastic that came with the kit and there was quiet a lot really. As i had a lot of the donor kit's i decided to use kit part's where i could even so. It's something i like to do.
So thats a bit on the build up.