Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 4:08 PM - ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #1

Its about time I jumped on this band wagon, although there is only still a hand full of these and all are mind blowing, I've decide to join this elite club of studio scale ESB AT-ST owners.

I'd managed to collect over half the kits without even knowing till I jumped in to the searching madness. Still a few to get (the big spenders) etc. So do me a favour if your hording ebay buy's for a later date just hold off for a week

I'm hoping to only spend around 400 on top of what I have already

Still no official 3rd Armature run on the go but hopefully something in the pipe works. If I can get a cad file of it or similar I think I have a guy that can help if a run takes place.

I'm going to do the head first and hold off the legs till a run starts. My biggest inspiration for doing this is Lee's Amazing Chicken thats proudly on display at his place. Another reason is since doing the stop mo legs for the PD I'm kinda getting into the Stop mo part of my collection growing, especially since I've had the incredible Taun/Luke from Jim and soon to be Taun/Han...........Jim mate, I think we need to talk Studio scale Rancor Puppett

Thanks to some great builds on the RPF I should be able to get a close if not wobbly match. I may depending o time end up going for a static model with acrylic legs but hopefully not.

The up shot of this is I'm going to have to thin my collection and go through a few draws to clear out stuff I dont need or want, plenty of Junk yard goodies and ebay hell.

If your an Iron Maiden fan I'm getting rid of a load of pick's from the recent tour so keep an eye out.

A few Lightsabers etc, Obi ANH ASFB custom all metal saber (very nice)

Anyhow back to swearing at ebay and expect an update soon.
    From
    Denmark
    Sep 24, 2011, 4:26 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #2

Looking forward to following this thread Guy .. perhaps I should get started on the head for my KFC-ST ;-) as well..

As you already know (but it might be interesting for others as well), I don't have any news regarding my run of the armature yet, since my maschinist friend has been held up by other task ...... plus he's on vacation right now ... but I hope to have some more sturdy info within a couple of weeks.

I plan to get one armature set produced first (my personal set) which I'll then test, and document to you together with price info and such. Hope to have something for you ASAP.

Look forward to your thread Guy ...
  3. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 5:26 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #3

Thanks Niels, be great to get this up and running so be prepared for a bit of UK nudging now and again

Thankfully this was what I had already in stock before I decided to go ahead with this, it makes me feel very happy that some of my kits are getting used again, we all spend so much money on these things and very often they sit untouched after they've been de flowered!

4. RPF Premium Member IEDBOUNTYHUNTER's Avatar
    From
    Texas
    Sep 24, 2011, 5:31 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #4

Cool. Cant wait to see this.
  5. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 5:33 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #5

Thanks Al, somehow I doubt it will be as epic as your Build about 2 threads down from this one. WOW
  6. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 5:35 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #6

PS. If anyone is bidding on stuff at he mo that they dont intend to use my Ebay user is Saberjunky so have a heart if we end up in a bidding war, ahhhhh go on!
  7. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 7:40 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #7

Ca anyone confirm if the Fuman are an accurate reissue to the Bnadai 1/48 range?
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 24, 2011, 8:33 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #8

Guy Cowen said: View Post
    Ca anyone confirm if the Fuman are an accurate reissue to the Bnadai 1/48 range?
    For the most part. What kits are you talking about?

Joe
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 24, 2011, 8:37 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #9

Never mind, I forgot about the Jagdpanther. Yes, the Fuman had the same parts last I checked. Frog, Fuman and Bandai were mostly the same repackaged molds.

EDIT --- Yeah, I just checked my kit. All the parts pictured are in my kit.

Joe
    Last edited by joewhite; Sep 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM.
    From
    Lexington, KY
    Sep 24, 2011, 8:49 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #10

guy,
    i've got the drawing and thought i'd shared it with ya by now.
    it's normally in CAD, but can get different formats. how would you like it served?
  11. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 9:00 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #11

Thanks Joe. Really appreciate the info.

Q

I got the drawing but the guy that can make them wants more detailed drawings (ie: actual dims) the drawing only gives dims for the screws that I have. would the Cad file have exact sizes, lengths etc. I'm a bit dim with this kinda stuff!

I didn't want to bother you incase you're a walking Zombi at the moment
  12. RPF Premium Member joewhite's Avatar
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 24, 2011, 9:04 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #12

I can help....PM me your email address, Guy.
  13. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 24, 2011, 9:05 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #13

joewhite said: View Post
    on its way
    From
    Lexington, KY
    Sep 24, 2011, 10:22 PM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #14

appreciate ya stepping up.
    everybody working together like this....totally increases the chances of another armature run.
  15. RPF Premium Member joewhite's Avatar
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:01 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #15

qcfoundry said: View Post
    appreciate ya stepping up.
    everybody working together like this....totally increases the chances of another armature run.
    Dude, my pleasure!
  16. ralphee is offline ralphee
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:04 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #16

You got another one too Guy, Tamiya Taiho, used on the left side cheek gun (sheild).
    Thats a great start too BTW, so many kits there, thats LOT of cash right there already, came in handy that Probe droid lol.

Tyres, you need two fronts from the Tyrrell P34 for the neck boot bud, vintage if poss, they fold and hold better.

Cant wait to see you start this.

lee
  17. RPF Premium Member joewhite's Avatar
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:19 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #17

ralphee said: View Post
    Tyres, you need two fronts from the Tyrrell P34 for the neck boot bud, vintage if poss, they fold and hold better.
    Ralphee,
    Would newer tires just not work?

Joe
  18. RPF Premium Member joewhite's Avatar
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:26 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #18

Oh and Guy......if you need a Chevy Titan 90......my local Hobby Lobby should have them. I got mine for about $25 or so (in and around) after a 40% coupon which they have just about every week. I wouldn't mind looking for you if you need it. It's one of the latest reissues but the cross from the suspension looks correct. LMK.

Joe
  19. ralphee is offline ralphee
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:29 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #19

Ralphee,
    Would newer tires just not work?

Joe

They do Joe, i had them fitted, but they just kept losing shape, almost leaving one side flat, even after warming them in hot water.

I bagged a vintage kit and tried a tyre from that on the off chance as it was thinner rubber, it just held up better IMO.

Not saying the re issue is no good, the vintage tyres just seem to work better.

lee
  20. RPF Premium Member joewhite's Avatar
    From
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:44 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #20

Well, I guess it's about time I try my tires out. BTW, so it goes, small tire - big tire in the middle- small tire. Right? Any info would help me out...and hopefully Guy, too, since I'm hijacking his thread!

Joe
  21. ralphee is offline ralphee
    Sep 25, 2011, 12:46 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #21

No, just two small front tyres buddy, there is a gap at the top! Try warm them in hot water mate, that makes a bit more compliant, seems Tamiya just used more rubber on the newer kit.

lee
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Sep 25, 2011, 1:10 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #22

It's nice to find parts as you're building but man, seeing all those parts laid out sure is a purdy picture! Can't wait to see this one progress Guy!

BTW, why did you guys start with a vacformed hull? Is that how the original was made? I think in the case of the AT-ST head I would [probably just build it up out of sheet styrene.

Marvin
  23. ralphee is offline ralphee
    Sep 25, 2011, 1:18 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #23

The prop's head is vacformed Marvin, it even still has the join seam apparent where the halves were joined.
    Only two have sheet styrene heads in the replicas, mine and Juliens, i went with sheet as i just prefered my own profile, and to do it on my own back, you really can do a killer job with sheet on this, and score in the join seam for accuracy.

lee
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Sep 25, 2011, 1:42 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #24

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Now I'm getting into this studio stuff I find my self questioning if I should make the model look like the original or actually copy the construction method as well....

Marvin
  25. Share-Ometer Level 10 RPF Premium Member Guy Cowen's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, UK
    Sep 25, 2011, 5:39 AM - Re: ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented) #25

Cheers for the help everyone, I'm dashing around this morning but will get a chance to go through stuff later.