Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Gort

Dear All,

This post is just an early message to those of you who, like me, still have a hankering for a BIG Rebel Snowspeeder to add to their collection.

Whilst I don't want to be offering an " all blow and no show" post I thought with all the current activity on the SW studioscale front it was worth staking a claim to this one early on. However if this note prompts someone to say they have already got a snowspeeder ready to roll, then I'd rather find that out now.

Currently kitpart ID'ing is the order of the day, but I'm pleased to say that ALOT of the key stuff has been nailed already. Only a couple of more prominent parts remain and then I can start drawing up plans. However, I have the great talent of Dan (1138) Satterthwaite working with me on this and he is of course an expert in such things. Its great to have his support again. Alongside Dan I also have another 'consultant' who is offering some great insights into this particular model. :)

What I hope to produce is a model that matches the common 21" speeder used in the film. Features I'm intending to include will be moveable airbrakes, both pilot figures and a stand. Currently my plan is to replicate the actual ILM model cockpit rather than do a synthesis of model and live action set. If all goes well and I get the speeder sorted I'd also like to include a scale version of the rebel anti-personnel turret....but I'm not making any promises on that yet.

So there you have it. That's the "Blow" out the way. Next time I hope to have something to "Show". I'm a ways off yet, but getting there as long as life permits me. - If anyone would like to use this thread to express an interest in such a model, that would be a useful guide for me later on.

Happy building out there.
N

Trying to build one at present and its driving me nuts, the underside is ready to break me lol. Price dependant, id love to see what you come up with Gort......lee

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ Aug 22 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1305279[/snapback]</div>
LOL. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Hand Solo @ Aug 22 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1305122[/snapback]
" Watch that crossfire, boys... "

:D
[/b]

"Set for position three...steady..."
[/b][/quote]

"Attack pattern Delta. Go now... " :p

Very interested in seeing what you guys come up with. How long is the parts list? is it something we could do as a group build?

Jedi Dade

Gort,..

I am totally interested in viewing what you come up with as it happens. A 21" SS Snowspeeder with moving air breaks and such?.. VERY KEWL..

Keep the posts comin. :p

This sounds too good, maybe have to scrap and restart my effort or just scrap it totally as my measures are way off and pants.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Dade @ Aug 22 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]1305295[/snapback]</div>
Very interested in seeing what you guys come up with. How long is the parts list? is it something we could do as a group build?

Jedi Dade
[/b]

Hi Guys,

We are up to 10+ kits so far, but fortunately a few of those kits are offering alot of parts. The areas we need to tackle next are the forward gun bulkheads. I will confer with Dan over these areas to see if he thinks he has any leads. Dan's kit archive is waaay bigger than mine and he's got a great eye. If we do come up empty I'm happy to throw it open to anyone who can offer a match. Basically the quicker I can finish the ID stage the quicker I can get stuck into the patterns. What I want to avoid is the process I ended up going through on the Y-wing where I was building, then we found new parts that then showed up slight inaccuracies...so I had to re-build etc etc.

With the T-47 I want to nail all the key details, and especially ones that give key dimensional references, up front so that when I draw the plans I know its dead on, end of story. Goodnight

I'm glad this project has piqued folks interest. So far no one has popped up saying they have beaten us to it so that's good. I've always loved the Snowspeeder and I'm going to do my best to get as close to an ILM stage model as I can. I've got some great support on this one so I'm confident we will produce something worthy and very accurate. - Mind you I'm already having bad dreams about the underside. :cry

Things will probably go a bit quiet now as Dan and I plod on. Will post up progress/ answer questions when I can.

All the best
Nick

This is a little "off topic", but seems to be the best place to inquire since it will be read by most Snow Speeder fans...

Has anyone done the "concept art" snowspeeder? The one with the Y-wing head? I just LOVED that design.

Gort... sounds great dude. Can't wait to see some photos of what you have of this project. Plans, parts,..etc.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Aug 23 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1305706[/snapback]</div>
This is a little "off topic", but seems to be the best place to inquire since it will be read by most Snow Speeder fans...

Has anyone done the "concept art" snowspeeder? The one with the Y-wing head? I just LOVED that design.

Gort... sounds great dude. Can't wait to see some photos of what you have of this project. Plans, parts,..etc.
[/b]

Ah hah. Great minds must think alike :D

If I get the T47 sorted the next fun project is to be exactly that. I've always thought it was a very nice concept. I think a Y-wing head and cockpit that was scaled up to be about 20" would be a damn fine looking piece. I'm planning on calling it the T47-S3. As if it was a precursor of the vehicle seen in the movie that was based on an old Y-wing chassis etc.

All this is a ways in the future but I do plan to make it. Same scale as the Snowspeeder and made is if ILM had built it for Empire. Am I sad or what.....do I take it we could be doing some business in the future sir ?? :)

Cheers
N

<div class='quotetop'>(Gort @ Aug 23 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]1305712[/snapback]</div>
Ah hah. Great minds must think alike :D

If I get the T47 sorted the next fun project is to be exactly that. I've always thought it was a very nice concept. I think a Y-wing head and cockpit that was scaled up to be about 20" would be a damn fine looking piece. I'm planning on calling it the T47-S3. As if it was a precursor of the vehicle seen in the movie that was based on an old Y-wing chassis etc.

All this is a ways in the future but I do plan to make it. Same scale as the Snowspeeder and made is if ILM had built it for Empire. Am I sad or what.....do I take it we could be doing some business in the future sir ?? :)

Cheers
N
[/b]
Very kewl. This is a design I have wanted since I opened that book back in the day.

We very well may be doing future business. :D I look forward to viewing your work.

Keep em comin. LOL.

AWESOME...

Alfred Wong over at the SSM boards mastered one of the concept speeders, only in 1/48 but it looked very cool. A studio scale one would look very good too. I see where your coming from on having parts in hand before the plans are drawn Gort, there are some measures on my effort that are way off, and then theres that underside, damn i brought it up again lol Interested :thumbsup

Hi Guys,

Calling all kitbash experts..

I've been trying to keep this project nudging along in between some other 'official' pattern work I'm doing. Got one more job to get shot of and then its big Snowspeeder time. - however in order to get it all sorted I could do with a little bit of help.

While I'm finishing this other job I wanted to ask if any of you kitbashing experts out there can help Dan and I with one niggly area that remains unidentified. I've attached a pic which shows areas in red and yellow that need a positive ID. I've got pretty much everything else important already nailed, and thus am ready to draw up plans etc. If anyone can help with these stragglers that would help move it all along nicely.

Needless to say the way I've highlighted the parts may not reflect their actual shape, layout etc. Yellow parts look to be from a ship maybe?

[attachmentid=10766]

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks
Nick

<div class='quotetop'>(Gort @ Oct 30 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1347572[/snapback]</div>
Hi Guys,

Calling all kitbash experts..

I've been trying to keep this project nudging along in between some other 'official' pattern work I'm doing. Got one more job to get shot of and then its big Snowspeeder time. - however in order to get it all sorted I could do with a little bit of help.

While I'm finishing this other job I wanted to ask if any of you kitbashing experts out there can help Dan and I with one niggly area that remains unidentified. I've attached a pic which shows areas in red and yellow that need a positive ID. I've got pretty much everything else important already nailed, and thus am ready to draw up plans etc. If anyone can help with these stragglers that would help move it all along nicely.

Needless to say the way I've highlighted the parts may not reflect their actual shape, layout etc. Yellow parts look to be from a ship maybe?

[attachmentid=10766]

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks
Nick
[/b]

Hey Nick don't think I can help much with kit bashed parts but I did just pretty much finish a 47. I was concerned with studio scale but not with all the greeblings :D Here is a link to the progession to the build hope you enjoy. Please share with us the building of your 47 Iam going to make another with moving air brakes and power harpoon gun, Iam currently working on another project right now.
http://public.fotki.com/HVHMG/members_gall...m_t-47_armored/
Regards,
Michael

bts.jpg

-Mike

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back