CC Klingon D-7

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Here is my CC Klingon D-7. It just arrived today.
This, as with the CC X-wing, is a great kit and a great cast.
There are a lot more parts then I first invisoned as I kept unwrapping part after part after part, but after seeing how the parts fit together, I see why it was necessary for so many parts.
I have a little clean up pour spouts, main hull fitting clean up, minor casting seams, and some putty work to do, but nothing too troublesome.
This will be one sweet kit when finished.

Did I also say this thing is HUGE... :D

Now I just gotta decide.... Grey or two tone??? :p :)

Thanks again Scott.

Enjoy,
Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]1449021[/snapback]</div>
121 wiews and only 1 responce about this great kit?

Lynn
[/b]

121 views and you haven't done it justice yet with an awesome build and paint job Lynn? What's taking you so long? :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]1449021[/snapback]</div>
121 wiews and only 1 responce about this great kit?

Lynn
[/b]

Just wait until the rest of us receive our kits and start building them. This thread will explode with responses.

I envy all of you that are getting this kit. I wanted one but did not have the funds at the time.

Now lets see it built up. :)

Be careful not to poke your eye out with the stand. :p

Seriously tho, it looks to be another FINE kit from Mr. Cardboard, and it should look FANTASTIC squaring off against, for example, an MR Enterprise. B)

Or K'Tingafy her and pit her against the Polar Lights Refit. :love

- k

I've got 2 of these bad-boys coming my way. One I build for myself and one for a friend... I am SO looking forward to this.

Jedi Dade

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtwaclawski @ Mar 27 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1449286[/snapback]</div>
Does it come with decals? Anyone need decals? All I'd have to do is size them up.

Jeffrey Waclawski
JT-Graphics
[/b]

It does comes with decals.

Wow .

The D-7 is an impressive sight. Do we know whether the paint scheme shown on Scott's website and Profiles in History is as the ship appeared during filming, or whether the scheme was developed after the fact for desktop display ?

I'm going to kick myself for not getting one, but contrary to what astromoners will tell you, space is not as vast as they make it out to be .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EchoLeader @ Mar 27 2007, 06:38 AM) [snapback]1449034[/snapback]</div>
121 views and you haven't done it justice yet with an awesome build and paint job Lynn? What's taking you so long? :D
[/b]
:lol
Life has been busy with the Hospital and the kids this past week between accidents and schedualed surgery follow ups. So I havn't had time to work on anyhting this week.
May be the weekend I can start.
Yes, the kit does come with decals, but they will come at a later date.

Lynn

So whats the deal? Anyone else get their kits? I just ordered one from Scott and mines around a month away. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Not I. I ordered two days after the initial offering, so I'm a little surprised I wasn't in the first batch, but whateva.

I ordered mine in late Dec so it will probably be a while before I get mine. Not a big deal for me, since I still have not decided on how to paint it.

Can anyone who has this kit post some pics of the box and pieces? The original picture from this post is gone. :cry I ordered one of these kits and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Also, this will be my first resin kit....whats the best way to bond the pieces? Epoxy or superglue? Thanks!

Last edited:
the best way to bond a resin kit is with super glue. the best way to fill seams is with plastic filler(bondo).make sure you wash all parts with dish washing detergent and let it air dry a day before you start assembly or priming for paint.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back