Captain Cardboard X-Wing or Poseidon Young

achilles266

Hello I have a descision to make about which studio scale X-Wing to get and I can't really find any info comparing these two head to head. So if there is someone out there who owns both that could clear some stuff up for me like which one has more detail, is one slightly larger then the other. All the observations you can make would help me out greatly.

Thanks a lot for your help

patience

I'm sure the experts will chime in

I've never heard of the Poseidon Young kit... but, by all accounts the Salzo v.3 is THE definitive X-wing studio model

but I am no expert on the subject...

that Posieden is an interesting looking kit

Last edited:
In the spring I believe mike will be doing a 3.1 version. Winter is not good weather for producing kits. Also I have seen two v3's in the jy in the last month. So keep an eye out. They come up all the time.

What he said...there's been no OOP garage kit I've wanted that I wasn't able to eventually get my grubby mitts on. I watch the JY, RI and eBay and see Salzo v3s quite often.

Not accurate. If you want screen accuracy then the v3 is as close as your gonna get. If you get your hands on a brundlefly pyro then that also is very accurate as both have lineage to originals in some part. If you just want something that looks like an x- wing then by all means get the cc or py but if you want to detail your x to look like an on screen model then it will be worth the wait for a v3. You never know when one will appear in the jy.

Simon

achilles
the Captain Cardboard kit, if I'm not mistaken, was what became the Salzo kit

so the Captain Cardboard was v0.1
then Mike Salzo recieved the masters, and accurized it to the v1
then improvements which lead to the v2
and now the v3

hope that helps
and if I'm wrong, please, one of the experts correct

What tgreco has below is pretty much how it happened, the quick story, I purchased the masters from CC, my run got called V1 at that point with the only upgrade being the mounting blocks. V2 got the bigger fuselage, added engine options to make different Red #'s and a couple of other mods. V3 fuselage was build by Moe, the rest by me and was pretty much a total revamp, V3.1 had the last few tweaks. I have also did a "non cannon" with closed wings and landing gear. Some people have made add on's like armatures etc.

Right now i am closed until early march, after that i may do a short run.......
thanks
mike

QUOTE=tgreco;1550341]achilles
the Captain Cardboard kit, if I'm not mistaken, was what became the Salzo kit

so the Captain Cardboard was v0.1
then Mike Salzo recieved the masters, and accurized it to the v1
then improvements which lead to the v2
and now the v3

hope that helps
and if I'm wrong, please, one of the experts correct[/QUOTE]

That looks like the CC kit or a recast of it...I say recast because I don't think Scott used white resin, also i know how he molded all of the parts and a lot of those do not match his molding. Not saying the seller recast it, only that it is a possible recast, the CC, V1 and V2 have all been recast, lots of V2 recasts out there so be careful on ebay.

Can anyone identify this kit
[AUCTION LINK REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip really need one of these kits urgently :(

That looks like the CC kit or a recast of it...I say recast because I don't think Scott used white resin, also i know how he molded all of the parts and a lot of those do not match his molding. Not saying the seller recast it, only that it is a possible recast, the CC, V1 and V2 have all been recast, lots of V2 recasts out there so be careful on ebay.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back