Building The Death Star - PRODUCTION

I don't really think it IS but like I said I had a wild thought and "sometimes" they have more merit then we originally think...

so I tought I'd "share" ;)

Jedi Dade

Plugging away at the lower dome. Can see "light at the end of the tunnel".

I estimate another week or two on the lower dome (not counting for the fine detail in the equatorial band).

Then on to the upper which I am VERY much looking forward to. Will go much faster. Easier to access, more accurate, less finessing of the grain, and FEWER LINES! Plus more silver detail. Will be fun.

Man the lower dome has been labor intensive.

Granted I finish the lower by the end of this month, then I'd guess another four to six weeks or so on the upper. Probably looking at a completion of all the surface detailing by sometime in April (maybe April 10th?).

Here's what I have left (not just the lines, but you can see that middle band, where I still need to finesse the grain), and a shot showing what it looks like when not under the harsh reality of intense lighting, and hi-res close-up photography.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's what I have left (not just the lines, but you can see that middle band, where I still need to finesse the grain), and a shot showing what it looks like when not under the harsh reality of intense lighting, and hi-res close-up photography.

I should clarify - there is still about this much "acreage" on the opposite side left to do.

But the area on the opposite side that I have left to do is not represented on the original model (since I went around farther on the globe).

So since there is no actual reference to follow - and I can exercise creative license - it will go about twice as fast.

The love youve put into this build seriously shines when under harsh light. Its just incredible workmanship. Glad your having fun too :wacko

It has taken a certain degree of focus, I'll grant you that! :)

Working on the last of the lower dome as we speak. Maybe finish it today, but if not, then tomorrow.

That doesn't include the fine detail in the equatorial band, nor the pencil detail in the main blank strip just left of center of the dish.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back