I recently bought a Salzo V3 and began working on it as soon as I could. I'm now done sanding, cleaning and soaping the parts, the next step for me is perparing the build and make sure I know exactly what I need to do!
So now, I have a few questions for all of you experts out there. I'm fairly new to the SS world and this is gonna be my first build and paint job. I've been monitoring all threads endlessly to gather tips and tricks .. hey, we all need to begin somewhere!
So here goes nothing:
1. I'm planing to light the engine on my Red, I've already drilled holes through the engine (around 1/8) but I'd need tips on what to use and what I should or should not do, ie to protect the resin from the heat etc ... is there prefered materials to use? LEDs? Where to get the wires through the fusillage through the wings? etc ...
2. I've read people talking about sagging .. is it even possible for a Salzo to sag over time? The casting is pretty light, but it's the first I'm handling, so I'm still curious .. Also, I've read another thread about metal framing for the kit ...
3. Paint job. I plan on shooting the whole bird with black primer, than the base coat and then using Tamiya acrylic paint w/ mate clear coat. Anything else I should be aware of .. For now, I'm not looking for any paint tricks, that'll come in time and I'll use Guy's awesome thread for reference (thanks again Guy!).
4. I'm still clueless as to how to fit the wings to the W shaped part .. I've seen (I think in REL's thread), he used small brass tubing? Would this just hold using Zap a Gap glue only or there's some other tricks I should be aware of?
5. Also, about the wing, what is the proper position on the mounting frame? Dead center horiz. and vertically?
Thanks for anyone's time on these!