Announcement for 1/8 scale rare donor parts

JPolacchi

Sr Member
Well,I wasn't sure where to put this,but since this is a relatively "important" donar kit in the S.S building world,I thought it should be posted here.I suppose that someone will move this post,and/or put the kabosh to it if it doesn't belong.Anyway, I've been talking to a seller,and I may be comming into possession of the very expensive and incredibly hard to find 1/8 scale Entex 935 Turbo Porsche kit. It's main donar parts(as most all of you know) are to TESB Falcon (those pesky transmissions on the side walls) and another part or two,and the Slave I dons the flaired fenders and front bumper on its underside as housings around the engines.Anyway, until I am in possession of the kit I won't utter another word,but I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who will want castings of the transmissions and any other parts needed for the Falcon or any other S.S build?I've no idea if this kit was used for any other S.S ship/vehical.So,please let me know(reply to this post) and we'll go from there.After I am in possession of the kit,then I'll go to P.M's,so don't PM me on this as I haven't heard word yet on my $ offer for the kit.As most of you know,this kit is incredibly expensive and auctions for astounding amounts of money on EVIL:angryBAY as they almost always end in massive bidding wars.I'm expecting to spend big dollars on this monster if I can get it.

Re: Announcement for 1/8 scale rare donar parts

Wow, thanks for offering these part casts of this incredibly hard to source kit, I'd be in for a cast part of every piece that is relevant to the Slave1 and 32" Falcon, so yeah quite a few parts for me please!.
Thanks again dude!.:)
Stu

I'd be interested in a set of castings.

Isel

Wow, thanks for offering these part casts of this incredibly hard to source kit, I'd be in for a cast part of every piece that is relevant to the Slave1 and 32" Falcon, so yeah quite a few parts for me please!.
Thanks again dude!.:)
Stu

+ 1

Good idea, very grateful for the offer!

Cheers,
Falk

I am in for some castings if i could get a set of the parts i currently do not have.

FYI, there are other Entex parts on the 32" falcon than just the transmission parts on the sidewalls.

No worries guys,I just wanted to get a feel for anyone out there who wants/needs any.As stated,I do not have this kit in possession yet.The seller very well may not like the $$$ offer.I can swing about $750 max,any more and it will break me.As soon as I get this kit,I will make castings of the transmission halves.I also believe there is another engine part that belongs on the ESB Falcon?Its part of the exhaust or turbo...I'm not really sure?Casting the body will be tricky,I'm not certain how to do it?It may be done with fiberglass?I very well may be casting the entire thing and you'll have to "chop it up".The bottom fenders/front air scoops will be strait forward enough.I'm not sure what other parts will be needed,but I'll consider molding and casting any part if there are enough folks who want it.So,until I hear "good news",just keep this on the back burner.Maybe Christmas will come early?

Last edited:
Really?The doors are on the Slave I wings?I thought they were made of the 1/24 scale Harrier jet?

Yep the Harrier wings are parts of the lower wings, upper wing is made from the Porsche door :

slaveonewing.jpg

s1_4.jpg

s1_3.jpg

Wow $750 for that kit is incredibley cheap. Don't want to sound like a vulture but if you don't get it & can't afford it might be an idea to post its location for someone else to pick up & they can sell you castings, Joke :lol I'd make a bet you would atleast get free castings for your efforts :rolleyes So if it doesn't happen drop me a PM, but good luck with that it would be a sick score :cry

Still in negotiations,but it is looking good.If I get it for $750.00(or less),it will be a good X-Mas for everyone.I know the value of this kit and have seen it's inflated prices on EVIL:angryBAY.I lost on the last few that auctioned over the last year or so...very depressing.The most I've seen one auction for was about $1,500.00 with about 40-50 people biding on it.

The last one I lost on was totally stripped.It was junk really.The engine looked like an 8yr. old put it together and it was missing parts/had broken parts.That POS auctioned for about $650 as I recal and the only damn thing on it that was worth anything was the body.

I'm really hoping that this guy is good to deal with and doesn't get greedy wanting two grand for it or anything crazy like that?I'm not looking to rape anyone on parts/castings.Mainly,I figure that it will just cost in RTV silicone,urethane resin,basic supplies and my time.

I'm not looking to get big $$$ out of this and am really hoping just to help some of you out in here so you don't have to wait and go through the pain of loosing auctions,or having to donate vital body organs to get a few parts from this kit that are more or less...essential for specific S.S builds.

Last edited:
Tell me about it!!. Ebay's about the only chance any of us can get to secure one of these kits and most I,ve seen are builtups/partial buildups and some just dogs, all for whopping prices beyond my limit!.
I really hope you get this dude, for a good price and many, many thanks again for taking the time to offer casts, this kit has just been a dream for me to secure at some stage, but part casts are just as good and will enable me and many others to build SS models that require them!.
Good luck mate!.
Stu

Ufortunately ebay is the way, but without ebay alot of what we get wouldn't be possible, so its not that evil :unsure I also got stung a couple of times. The worst would have been on my first Sea Lab III I got. It had all the pieces that weren't used on any studio models I was really annoyed at that as it didn't match the descrition given in the sale :confused I luckilly picked an unopened SeaLabIII shortly after. I had to open to make sure the kit was inside So good luck.

HOLY SHNIKIES:eek!!!I just recieved pics of the kit and it is the most pristine kit of this model I have evver seen next to being factory sealed.It is brand spank'in new.I think I soiled myself when I looked the pictures.So,I dropped the bomb asking him what he wants for it and I'm crossing my fingers it won't bankrupt me,evict me and have me sleeping in my car.As soon as I know and money has been exchanged...I'll let all of you know what is happening.

Wow, JP, thanks for doing all of this work and being willing to share with the group. I am assuming that you'd want to spread the investment around by selling the cast parts, so the more of us you can get, the better? I think I'd be in for the Falcon parts, although I am not experienced at this to venture a guess about how much the castings might cost.

Again, thanks for doing this and sharing. Lessons from kindergarten were learned.

Matt

At this point,I'm not sure(I am still negotiating the final price).As I was saying above,I'm not looking to rip anyone off,just offer something that I know is super important in S.S building,and this Porsche (however rare&expensive) is of ultimate importance unless you want to scratch build the tranny like Moe or Tim Ketzer did.I can't even imagine what a headache that would be?

If I were to take a wild guess(based on the RTV Silicone I'm considering using),cost of the kit(the Porsche donates 4 parts I think to the Falcon both tranny halves and an exhaust part),my time and cost in resin...I'd say maybe somewhere between $50-$70?I'll need someone to confirm the parts needed.

It will be a 2-part RTV mold.I'm going to try to cast the parts like the actual kit part (hollow) so it won't be a "solid" cast.I'll also try hard not to get bubbles on the detailed surface because I don't have a vacume chamber.Mind you,this is only a gross guestimate.

I'm also willing to make other casts for other S.S projects such as the Slave I if there is a large interest(say...5-10 people want parts it would be worth casting up),but not for a "one time" cast unless someone wants to buy the RTV mold from me or work something else out?I'm not sure what else this kit was used for in any other S.S builds?Just the Falcon and Slave I come to mind.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back