ANH Red Y... kit

Simon...maybe!

Mike...WOW! Huge sigh of relief from me. I'm so glad it's you taking this one on. :thumbsup

Hey Guys, just a another quick update with some more test cast pics. I am nearly done with the tie interceptor backlog and will be really focusing on finishing up the molds over the next week or so. More molds than this are done but this was all the test casting i could fit in with all the tie stuff running...
thanks
mike

Man that looks GREAT !!! Mike. I can't wait to get my hands on it i paid for one almost three years ago and the wait looks like its worth it.

Mike, im not sure if you can answer this, may be one for Steve, Jamie and the rest of the mad scientist's but, the hull.....is it a generic pattern for all the Y's planned?
What i mean is, there seems to be a lot of plant on's around the neck base and centre hull, which begs the question, are other Y's planned around this hull base, thus speeding up the rest of the squadron?

lee

Mike, im not sure if you can answer this, may be one for Steve, Jamie and the rest of the mad scientist's but, the hull.....is it a generic pattern for all the Y's planned?
What i mean is, there seems to be a lot of plant on's around the neck base and centre hull, which begs the question, are other Y's planned around this hull base, thus speeding up the rest of the squadron?

lee

I think the neck is shorter on the red y and it also has a lot of greeblie differences to the rest of the yellow ones. If I'm understanding you correctly Lee.

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments.....to answer a few ?'s that have popped up.

I don't have any idea on price, Steve will be in charge of all that stuff....although they will ship direct from me.

I don't know if the Y body is generic to the other versions...I don't know much about specifics on the different Y versions.

I know that is a whole lot of nothing, but did not want to not respond, hopefully one of the guys that knows more than me will chime in soon....

thanks
mike

I think the neck is shorter on the red y and it also has a lot of greeblie differences to the rest of the yellow ones. If I'm understanding you correctly Lee.

Yes Simon, i know about the neck, but the rest of the plant on detail on the hull would be pretty much coherent with interchangeable parts no?

Was just a thought of converting this into a Gold was all, new L'eggs, correct donors for chosen Gold Y etc......just spitballin' was all.

lee

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments.....to answer a few ?'s that have popped up.

I don't have any idea on price, Steve will be in charge of all that stuff....although they will ship direct from me.

I don't know if the Y body is generic to the other versions...I don't know much about specifics on the different Y versions.

I know that is a whole lot of nothing, but did not want to not respond, hopefully one of the guys that knows more than me will chime in soon....

thanks
mike

Mike no worries buddy, im sure all will come to light in time. Really great seeing an alloy wing in there, looks an easy job to tap and bolt a side mount on there too.

lee

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back