6 Foot Skydiver Build

RCnut

Well here it goes, It had to be done and so I'm going to do it. This is the Sky1 being scribed, Not much point in posting to much of this part of the build as its the same as the first one (Wing in pics) Finish the scribing and the start the Diver section.

Canopy Scribing done, I should have the Modified Ally engines by next week so will start on the Diver section then.

As it turned out I couldn't be bothered with waiting for the tubes and engines so with careful measuring I started on the interface, As with all big projects they all start with a small step and this is no different. The front interface will be a complete part with top and bottom so there is no ambiguity about size spacing etc. The rest of the sub body will be a top and a bottom hull with a stern end part. Pretty much like the 5 footer.

Almost there now with the front end. Just needs finishing up with a bit of Primer and such.

- - - Updated - - -

I like new look :)

DSCF0052.JPG

DSCF0053.JPG

DSCF0054.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Front bit done now, tubes will go in after moulding.

Attachments

• DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0060.JPG
    DSCF0060.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0062.JPG
    DSCF0062.JPG
    410.6 KB · Views: 134
Had to re work the front end and so here's were I am with it today.

Attachments

• DSCF0079.JPG
    DSCF0079.JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF0082.JPG
    DSCF0082.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 186
Done the bottom hull, just the back tail bit to do then the main hull is done.....end of the week I think.

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    401.6 KB · Views: 290
UFO alive and well here :) Ass end, Got to be blocked out and filler Job.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Where are you getting measurements? Are you using the Product Enterprise die-cast versions and adjusting for proportion?

Weeeeellll, Been doing Skydivers in various scales for 25 years plus so you get to know a subject. BTW PE Skydiver is a direct rip from a popcorn resin kit mastered by Teru Yamada years back, Brilliant little kit. :)

Where are you getting measurements?

Profile photographs were taken of many Century 21 models, for the merchandisers and toymakers to work from, and are available from various sources. Skydiver's in particular can be seen on Phil Broad's 'Model Builders Reference Vault' here, as part of the Keith Scaife collection, which also includes some general shots of the model when just completed. Note that they are of the smaller 30" model.

BTW PE Skydiver is a direct rip from a popcorn resin kit mastered by Teru Yamada years back, Brilliant little kit. :)

Cool, I did not know that! Well, I knew they ripped it off from someone, like most of their stuff...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back