1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

**************UPDATE 6/18/12***************
ok...got the main saucer fiberglassed, primered and the first sand on it. sketched out the windows and the neck seperation line and cut er out!:love
Also got started on shaping all that nasty foam i sprayed in the secondary hull. Hoping to get started on to the upper part of the saucer so I can get everything to line up. This thing is so big I am going to have to build a few jigs to make sure the sections go together straight and level! Hope you all enjoy the pics!
Oh and by the way....it was over 110 in the desert today! Yuck!:sick
Gotta go make up with the wife she says too much trek info last couple weeks!:behave

*************UPDATE 6-24-12***************

Ok this week I ground all of that nasty foam out of the secondary section, if I had to do it agian I would have sheeted it like the saucer. I think my eyes still have foam particles in them..........yuk! Got it rough with bondo, will get the shape a little more refined this week. I made the decision to get the upper saucer section rough shaped, glassed and primered before I get too carried away shaping the rest of the secondary hull. And I am going to have to make up some kind of scaffolding to keep this bad boy straight and level while I'm building it.
Heres some of the pictures that I am using for reference, a second or more sets of eyes is helpful. Let me know if you guys see anything off.
Thanks again for looking!

hey thanks bud :) :thumbsup
ya know i never really liked the D or the plastic kit. but theres something about a huge model that just makes me drool :love

im making room for this kit :) lite this baby up and it'l make one heck of a night light :lol

OH BABY. I love the D.

It's giving me the urge to continue on with my REL 1/650 one too.

Last edited:
OH BABY. I love the D.

It's giving me the urge to continue on with my REL 1/650 one too.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I would love to see what you have done. I have never got Azteks or an armature from REL, so it's gonna be a tough build for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back