1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

He's baaaaack! Lookin' great! You should cut back on the music though, I can't make out half of what you're saying in the vid.

Very groovy, baby! (Sorry, just watched Austin Powers). What a ship! You have a very solid concept, it seems, and it is coming together so well. Keep up the good work. :) How is Washington treating you?

Update 10-1-13

Working on templates for the windows and Aztec! Trying to make sense of ILM randomness!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380683450.199035.jpg

So many different colors! As many as 5 I've counted.

6ebe2eba.jpg

Also got a good strong part layed up 2-10 oz layers of cloth and 1-layer of mat. I used surfboard resin because it's clearer. Came out a little blueish, but I'm ok with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380683674.734350.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380683699.543833.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I couldn't find an emoticon for the joker laugh, but that is how I feel, right now! :D Everything you are doing is AWESOME.

Slowly but surely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383611781.624455.jpg

Got the inside of the saucer docking area ready. Hatch removeable.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383611866.048861.jpg

And....everything fits still!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383611957.662913.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383611937.263333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383611937.263333.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 317
She's looking sexy. I've been following this thread for a long time before deciding to join the board. D is one of the most beautiful ships and I can't wait to see her in all her glory once she's finished. Looking at all the different tools atop the saucer makes me shiver in delight at how huge this model must be in person. Although I've seen her in your videos I imagine that one simply can't get a full appreciation of the size unless it's in person.

If I ever get a chance to purchase a kit, I would like to create all interiors for rooms with windows as you gave examples of with Ten-Forward and the Observation Lounge. A time-consuming task certainly, but it'd look really cool at the end.

Best wishes to you.

edit - I have a question about the phaser array. I saw what remained of one of your earlier phaser strips on the secondary hull. Will it be a plain strip or will you make it more like this?

http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/studio/2008/10/67-24-872377.jpg

Last edited:
My plan was for the simplicity of the type of molds I'm making was to duplicate the original repaint by adding a vinyl sticker precut to the pattern of the ribbing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383708904.624356.jpg

To me I think I will have an easier time just having this detail added to the parts and not be concern with bubbles in parts, having to fix them or sanding the detail off and having to redo it later anyway.

Report! Report! My 2-year old just said starship! My wife is scared!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383708863.296796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383708863.296796.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Sign of great parenting right there! I still remember my dad raising me up on episodes of TNG and when we built a 1701-A model. Good times.

I see what you mean about the phaser strip. I know in the end it'll look cool.

I agree that this is epic. :) I think every Trekkie in the world will want one! Keep up the great work, G-man. We are lovin' your mojo, babe, YEAH!!!! :D

It make imagine...

What is the crazier (creative challenging) Starship scale model of RPF to be finished???

This Ent -D large scale it's incredible. One 11 foot Tos Ent was incredible, but looks canelled or unfinished a ong ago.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back